DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
WOW, thirty bucks is cheap, just to hook up to a wrecker around here is 50, then you add mileage on top of that. They can probably afford to only charge 30 since they do so damn many.

For 50 bucks (a year) you can join AAA and get free towing and tire repair 24x7.

Or check with your credit card companies to see if they have discounted 'roadside assistance'.

It's been 15 years since I've had an 'on-road' flat.

Of course for anything off-road you'll want to carry both a spare and a can (or two) of fix-a-flat. But on the highway?

Besides, there are definite weight limitations to what you can put up on those roof anchors. A tire might well exceed that.

Another thought: There are spare tire carriers that snap into the hitch receiver. These things are on a kind of swivel arrangement to get out of the way of the tailgate. If you can find one of those used, I'd trust that well before I trust tying *anything* as heavy as a full-sized spare on the roof with a $50 kimchee-rigged lash-up.

(what's that noise, the air leaking out of all four of my tires? musta jinxed myself, nutz!!!)

skandalon said:
It's not too bad. However, if you are in the middle of putting on your spare tire, they will still tow you. Also, the tow costs 30 dollars, even if they just tow you down the offramp and into a parking lot.
Did the politician that came up with that law ever participate in the special olympics?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.