Discussion Starter #1
has anyone seen this svt-10

dodge has a viper truck out seen it today at a dodge dealer ere in las vegas

but i didnt see a window so ya know the price was up there

it looks mean !!!!!!:devil:

·
Registered
638 Posts
I've only seen pictures of it. I definitely like the looks. It's got that big Viper engine in it so the price has gotta be pushing over $50K. No way I could ever afford that -- plus, a gallon of regular here costs $2.00 with premium running close to $2.40; no way would I wanna drive something with an 8.3L engine. :mg: Still, 500hp.... :devil:

·
Registered
322 Posts
There is a dealer selling a few on Ebay

·
Registered
322 Posts
lol... I saw that too. on the window sticker of the one on ebay..

·
Registered
149 Posts
Stock04Intrepid said:
Definitly was SRT not SVT.

SVT (Special Vehicles Team) is Ford
While driving down the state highway I had a great revelation about the letters "SVT"... there they were on a white road sign that said "S... V...... T...... 1/4 mile" and I thought, "That's it!"

SVT doesn't stand for Special Vehicles Team as they would have you believe, rather it stands for SLOW VEHICLE TURNOUT :p

·
Registered
866 Posts
The SRT-10 looks like a fun toy. I think the Ford SVT Lightning looks more bad-ass-handsome though. It definitely gets better mileage, can actually haul stuff, and costs about $20,000 less. I saw the SRT-10 on Motortrend TV and it looked fun, but a little silly trying to make it's way around the test track. The engine just totally overwhelmed the suspension and tires, and whenever they tried to really make it move, it just smoldered the tires.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Dealers are going to have a hard time selling them but it looks good on the dealer floor. $48700 for the one I have seen local and then the dealer put a $2500 up on the sticker. It sounds nice but not a complete package like the Lightnig and cost $15000 more for less truck. My brother has a Lightning and gets 15mpg around town and 21mpg on the highway. We run together at the FunFord Events and that truck stock with slicks has run 12.65 at 112 mph. I was thinking about the Dodge but at that price the finance company won't even finance over $32k because it is considered a base truck with conversion upgrades. The reports other than of course Mopar Magazines have been really negative but till Fall 2005 when the Lightning gets a 6 speed I will wait. The Ford with 500hp with the nice chassis setup will out run a lot of cars at 3 times the price at the drag strip and autocross track.

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
the base is supposed to be somewhere around $45K, and the 500 HP lightning probably won't make it to production, especially not at the same price it currently sells at

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
irishred said:
the base is supposed to be somewhere around $45K, and the 500 HP lightning probably won't make it to production, especially not at the same price it currently sells at
Yes it will, and yes it will.

:)

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I've seen numerous SRT-10's out and about in Chelsea...the Proving Grounds are located about 2 miles south and you'll see everything at the Wendy's around lunch time. Nice part is we usually see them much earlier than anyeone else...you just gotta know what to look for. They aren't badged the same but the mods are obvious to most car nuts. The NAIAS had a sweet SRT clone with the HEMI in it, had the bee stripe on the bad that said "Rumble-Bee". Non functional hood, but still looked sweet.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Can you really put a price on something so badass? I haven't seen one around here yet, but from hearing your stories im getting excited just thinking about it

·
Registered
962 Posts
King Winky said:
Yes it will, and yes it will.

:)
Methinks that someone is saving his pennies.:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts