DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably a very simple question as it seems major mods are being done, but I do not work on car electrical, so where and how would be the best way to get/run power if I want to add a powered seat to a car with no power seats with no existing positive/power wire?

Also, the Intrepid I have is an ex-police/security car with front buckets, column shifter and no center console and I would like to add a console. Does anyone recommend an aftermarket console that would work or do other column shifting/bucket seat Intrepids have a center console from the factory and are they common to find (on ebay or salvage)?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
The column shifter Intrepid's have bench seats, they don't have center consoles. If you want you can change to a floor shifter and add a center console. I think there a couple guys on the forum that have done this, just do a search.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about power?

Thanks for the column shifter/bench seat details.

Anyone know the answer about the best way to get/route power for the manual to power seat conversion?

·
Banned
292 Posts
erked said:
Thanks for the column shifter/bench seat details.

Anyone know the answer about the best way to get/route power for the manual to power seat conversion?
I just spliced a line off of my amp cable wire...Otherwise you could find a constant line in the fuse box and splice off of it, if you don't have the harness under the seat (I didn't)

·
Registered
166 Posts
erked said:
This is probably a very simple question as it seems major mods are being done, but I do not work on car electrical, so where and how would be the best way to get/run power if I want to add a powered seat to a car with no power seats with no existing positive/power wire?
Have you looked under the driver's seat to see if there was an electrical wire coming out of the carpet? I was surprised to see my 2004 SXT had the wiring under the passenger seat even if it did not come ordered with passenger electric seat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts