DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the white speedo, tachometer, etc look like ****. I have a Chrysler Concord which has a nice calm-looking black speedo cluster. Can I take the cluster out of the Chrysler and put them in an Intrepid? If not are there others that might work? (maybe round black ones from later Concords?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Most people would give up a left nut to have white faced, electroluminisent gauges!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Wasn't there a post here or on the old board that had the white faces replaced with flames? Maybe I've seen it somewhere on TV or in a magazine. Anyone know??

·
Registered
328 Posts
Concorde Cluster should fit. Its the same layout as the Intrepid (a few of the idiot lights are relocated) The 300m/LHS cluster will not fit.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
white gauges were quite the hit when they came out on the maxima back in the day. i'm glad dodge used them, they're cool as hell and the visibility is wicked.

to each his own i guess.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
i'm...i'm...i'm...uh...shocked...

thats a first i have ever heard anyone say they are ugly! everyone whos been in my ride, thats one of the first things they notice, and dig it!

but hey to each his own!

·
Registered
63 Posts
i like the white gauges in the trep, to me they look kool. But one question that a friend ask was, why does the speedo only have up to 120 if ur car can do like 140?? i told him i have no idea. any thaughts on this speedo only going to 120 on the R/T, thanks.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
My guess is that since the other two models (SE & ES) are goverened at 118mph (I believe), they just wanted to use the same guage faces as the other two models. It's a money saving thing. That would be my guess. I would like to get my hands on those 150mph speedo the cop cruisers use. :)

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
does the 2nd gen guage panel fit in a first gen 'trep?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Warlord, if you ever DO get your hands on one of those, you better make sure you buy TWO! I WANT ONE TOO DARNIT!

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
I like the white ones better. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
yeah, the white face gauges are sweet,people notice them and like them. But I wish that the numbers were differant, like I think the gauges in a Acura are way better, because the numbers a titanium/silvery metal color. looks nice.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I didn't think I was going crazy. I knew I had seen some replacements for the white faced gauges. They aren't available for the Intrepid yet, but what do y'all think?

Flamed Gauges

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.