DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the R/T Intrepid has a bigger front sway bar than the SE or the ES?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
yes, it is bigger... but not much.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Ever little bit helps. I like Warlords thinking mines bigger than yours.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Sounds like another bolt on part to improve non-R/T's to me.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I do not think its something worth your while buying from the dealer, mabe from the junkers if you got a good price on it, other than that it will not be worth your while if you ask me.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Warlord I am married with children, i can`t get into any more trouble than that. ;)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was just wondering if it would make a significant improvement in handling on my SE.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Originally posted by Motopsycho:
I was just wondering if it would make a significant improvement in handling on my SE.
does anyone know if swaybars are differant from SE to ES? I do not think there is but mabe because if there is no differance then upgrading to trhe R/T one will not be worth your while.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
yes the rt has a bigger unit ,I mean swaybar :eek:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Yeah, I'm buyin' me one of them and slappin' it on my 02' SE with my new H&R performance springs I ordered.... Can't wait...!

Later guys

·
Registered
85 Posts
You know if someone would MEASURE their R/T front swaybar diameter with calipers and their rear swaybar as well, I'll measure my '98 ES front and rear swaybars, and someone else measure a base model and an SE model, and we'll get the info posted!

I seem to recall that the ES did have an uprated suspension compared to the base model when I bought mine in '98.

Marcus
'98 Intrepid 3.2L ES

·
Registered
85 Posts
If you check out what bushings your swaybar is mounted in and do a little measuring, you could order the proper size polyurethane bushings from Addco. Replacing all those soft rubber bushings on a swaybar (end-link bushings and center bushings) with polyurethane is like putting in a swaybar that's 1/8" larger diameter. And there's no difference in ride quality! Nice cheap modification.

Marcus
'98 Intrepid 3.2L ES

1 - 15 of 15 Posts