DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added a link of my Magnaflow exhasut on my 3.5 HO, the description of the video explains what has been done. What do u guys think about getting the front resantor taken out and a y-pipe put in? How would this change the sound? Or would you just leave it as it is? Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry I forgot to add the video description from YouTube:

"Here is an exhaust clip of my 2002 Dodge Intrepid SXT's Magnaflow Exhaust. The stainless part you see in the beginning is the only part that has been changed. The rear resonator is gone and the Magnaflow 14 inch muffler installed with a tip. It sounds deep and looks stock. The muffler has been on for over 1,000 miles and has gotten deeper and louder over that time. The front resonator is still in place. The highest the rpms were was 3500. Thanks for watching."

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Hold on.......on this car, there is:

Exhaust manifold -> Front Resonator -> Muffler -> Rear Resonator

From your description, you changed the Rear Resonator......so that means you still have the stock front resonator (basically a Y pipe) and the stock muffler in place.

DON'T remove the front resonator, it'll sound 'raspy' when you step on it. I have heard a few people who did this, and leaving the front resonator in place just sounds much better.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car still has the front resonator, but the rear resonator and stock muffler have been removed. A Magnaflow muffler has been put in. So you would recommend leaving that car as-is?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts