DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up ppl, i just got me a 97 3.3L Trep, i have 2 12inch kenwood tornado subs with a 600 watt kenwood amp, the car came with a 6 disc aiwa cd changer moutned in the trunk, in my book the thing is a pain in the ass but the woman likes it so i need to figure out how to hook the amp to the cd changer and where do i run the remote wire a RC jacks?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I am pretty sure the changer hooks directly into the deck, the amp shouldn't have anything to do with the changer, like i said im not positive. the remote wires for the amp can do a few things:
1. you can sodder the remote wire to the back of the deck to the ignition wire usually red. y
2 you could do what i did for a while and hook the remote up to a toggle switch by running the remote wire from the amp to the toggle near the front seat, then back to the amp and connected to the power wire.
3. i've never done this but i heard u could hook the remote up to something in the fuse box that would turn oand off when the car is on and/or off.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
bnelly428 said:
I am pretty sure the changer hooks directly into the deck, the amp shouldn't have anything to do with the changer.
That is correct, but some low end H/Us won't have the hook ups for a changer. If you have a mid-high end H/U you should be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts