DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was taking my daughter to work and noticed a Ranger pick-up riding my ass. I normally drive a little fast, so I got irritated. I sped up a little, but he stayed glued. Up ahead was a 90 degree curve posted 15mph that I routinely go into at 30 and come out of at 35. It's not a dangerous curve, lots of space to go off-road, no trees or fences. With no oncoming traffic, I thought I'd have a little fun with him. I used my autostick to slow slightly without showing any brake lights. Of course, this put him further up my tail. I knew he'd be watching my rearend and not the 15mph sign. I went for a personal best speed through the curve and laughed my ass off looking in the rearview as the Ranger fell waaaay behind, the driver riding the brake and fighting to maintain control through the curve. Good thing no one was comming toward us, 'cause he had to use both lanes to make it. I just love the way my R/T handles!!!:biggrin:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Nice......! That kind of shhht happens all the time over here. You'll be goin' even 20MPH over the speed limit on the freeway and someone will look like they're trying to drive right through you......!

Can't wait till' I get older and my insurance goes down, or if I get married I'm gonna get myself an R/T but right now I'm gonna mod this one.......

·
Registered
121 Posts
I want a R/T!!!!!!:crazy:

Maybe next year:eek:mg:

·
Registered
504 Posts
MoparPerformance said:
...I hung the turn and punched it and got sideways while maintaining control, it was nice........

I'm sorry... isn't your Trep front wheel drive ??? I've only gotten sideways on ice...

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
The only way I have ever gotten a FWD car sideways is after they plow the road and there are some good sized piles on corners. Cut the corner a little short so the rear tire hits the snow and it will make the ass end slide out. That is if the rest of the road is a bit slippery.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
i've never gotten an FWD car sideways. well, that doesn't count the time i was screwing around on some ice in our camry, driving thru a deserted parking lot at 35 then putting it in neutral and yanking the e-brake. :D

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
E brake 180's are fun. Piece of advice: make sure the vacant lot doesn't have dry patches. Not cool. :p

·
Registered
602 Posts
hell naw, that's tight...... :bigsmile: Yeah, well when I did it I hit the brakes just right around the turn going fast enough, it causes you to pivot and slide a little then I punched it with a hard kickdown and pulled out of it nicely.

·
Registered
602 Posts
hell naaw, mobbin' the Grand Voyager huh.....?

I always thought it would be cool to take one or a Town & Country and add a supercharger to the 3.8L and some nitrous. I'd paint some racing stripes and some fat Mopar logos. I always thought it would be hilarious to take it to ricers in one, embarrass the hell out of them. Get a CV, GV or TC to do a quarter mile in 13 seconds...... :bigsmile:

I hear some guy does somthing similar in a family van at the runs out here.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
There are turbo Caravan's running 12s. I swear, that may be my project vehicle if I can find one in good shape for a fair price.

They are cheap, reliable and super easy to modify.

In that vein: My dad had a 1992 Ford Aerostar minivan. For those of you who don't know what those are, they are a RWD minivan with either a 3.0L or 4.0L engine. My dad's had the 4.0 until all hell broke loose and the heads warped.

Given his crazy nature he managed to pick up a 305hp 4.6L V8 from a wrecked 1996 Mustang Cobra. It cost $200 more than new heads for the van would have cost. Anyway, it bolted right up to the transmission. Everything was a tight fit, but it worked.

I can't tell you how much fun I had in that thing...when he actually let me drive it.

4 speed AOD (Ford has AWESOME automatics..only 15-20% loss) stock 4.10 rear end...that ****er flew. I used to get laughed at a lot on cruise nights, but it all ended when I smoked people.

Good times. :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
Sorry to get off subject but whhhhhooooooo! Here we go........! That's what I'm talkin' about.........! That sounds tight....!

My girlfriends Mom's 97' Chrysler Town & Country 3.8L sounds nice and has some guts. I am even more careful with other people's cars so I never mobbed it but I was tempted to race a ricer in it once. The engine is not in the best shape but it already has some gettup and nice torque that you can feel.

I have been thinking how cool it would be to slap a turbo w/some Performance Exhaust (Quiet but loud when you punch it), and some performance gears as well.

I think the whole principal of unsuspecting hotrods is pretty cool.

When I was really young I always wanted to get a beat up crappy Volkswagen bug and put a Porsche engine and tranny in it. Pull up next to Camaros and Mustangs and blow their doors off. Always thought it would be funny as hell.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts