DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finshed the ATC mod and everything checks out ok. For some odd reason, my tailights stay on, they are at the same beam as if my headlights were on as well and for some reason won't go out??? any suggestions??? i checked the fuses and they were ok. Maybe I forgot to plug something in????

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I think I read something about doing the ATC mod without an Auto headlight switch or vice-versa, the headlights stay on. or something. So maybe something similar to that or a wiring snafu is the cause of the malfunction. When in auto mode and the headlights turn on, the parking lights come on too hence the taillights turn on in parking light mode.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Brake light switch out of adjustment. You probably knocked or moved it while messing with all that under dash stuff. Adjust it and all will be jammy!
Just like carlos said.

Cheers

BJ

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool thanks. Quick question, I won't have to remove the dash to get to it will I??? I hope not cause that was a PAIN in the ass lol.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Nope.

Just slide up under the dash and it is on the steering column support. The brake arm presses on it. If you want to tell quickly, just push the plunger in and see if the lights go off. If they do, just slide the switch in or out in the holder to get the right adjustment.

Cheers

BJ

·
Registered
603 Posts
I had that problem and all it was, was the headlight plug wasnt seated all the way into the swith and it caused my lights to stay on. Thats just removing the front part there and plugging it back in all the way.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
LT.Almond said:
I had that problem and all it was, was the headlight plug wasnt seated all the way into the swith and it caused my lights to stay on. Thats just removing the front part there and plugging it back in all the way.
Interesting........
Wouldn't have thought of that. Very possible considering the work done.
Good call.

Cheers

BJ

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks everyone I deeply appreciate your inputs on my issue. It turned out the brake switch actually was loose so I tightened back and that solved it. I just put some R134a in the air conditioner and got my A/C back. I'm happy. thanks everyone.

Dru

1 - 11 of 11 Posts