DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all- in the process of re-doing my interior. I am completely finished with the front dash and center console, so now i have moved on to the doors. Does anyone know a way, or the way that the top carpeted piece is installed on the door panel itself? i was wanting to cover that section, and the cleanest way to do it is to remove that top piece and then replace it. any help would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Use some 3M spray adhesive to redo those yourself, from the factory they come glued with something similar to the plastic.

Might I ask what are you doing with the interrior? Vinyl? Suade?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was going with suede, but due to the curves of the interior, i am most likely going to go with a vinyl or tweed

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
The top and bottm door trim panel pieces are heat welded together by means of a bunch of pegs-through-holes.
You can easily separate them by using a 1/2" spade (wood) bit to carefully cut the melted piece on the inside.
Once you add you covering, you can put them back together by re-inserting the (cut off) pegs back jn the holes, then using a soldering gun, remelt the pieces together, using some scrap plastic as a filler/bonding agent.
Once you are done, to ensure a strong joimt, since the pegs are no longer as strong as originally, run a good amound of hot melt glue along the inside seam as a strengthener.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts