DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the public library tonight, Phil Edmonston was talking about his new youth oriented book "Car Smarts", but I got a chance to talk to him after his hour long presentation.

Me: I have an '02 Intrepid R/T
Phil: Does it have the 2.7?
Me: ummmm no? The 2.7's have oil sludge problems.
Phil: Good, oh you know your stuff
Me: Anyways my chrome rims are rusting on my car and it's not even 2.5 years old yet. I went to the dealer today and they looked at them and said they'd call Chrysler but they also pointed out to me that chrome isn't covered under the warranty.
Phil: You've got a slam dunk.
Me: How so? The dealer doesn't seem willing to do anything.
Phil: Stop talking to the dealer, once is enough. Send a letter to Chrysler threatening to take them to small claims court and sue them.
Me: Then what?
Phil: Wait about 3 weeks and they might be willing to listen.......and if they're not you should file in small claims court.
Me: Would I win the case?
Phil: You have a slam dunk. Watch out for that tranny.
Me: Pretty sure the tranny only eats sensors and I won't need a new one.
Phil: Wow, you know your stuff, good job.

PRETTY much sums up our conversation :)

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Does that guy Phil know what he's talking about? All he says in his book is sue this, sue that.

He's also kinda bias on his opinions. Totally the opposite of consumers. All the cars that are selling best he calls them crap.

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
he seems like the average American, just sue em..hell, we gotta keep the trial lawyers employed...but i would still write to Chrysler and let them know, because that falls under the rust/corrosion warranty...which i believe is 100K

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I can't stand publications like that. Lemon Aid and Consumers reports.
Most or all of their facts are from warranty claims against the auto manufacturer.
They don't always show all the facts. For example claims against Mustang drivetrain. Poor, avoid at all costs.
Toyota Camry, excellent. good record.
How many Camry's do you see at the drag strip. Zero.
How many Mustangs with bolt ons and drag radials. Huge. See my point?
Does a used Cadillac have more electrical problems compared to a Cavalier. Probably so, it has 10 times more accessories and triple the wiring.
Apples to Apples.

I also remember reading about the poor crash results of a Ford Ranger and the excellent results of a Mazda B2000. Hello same truck!

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well.........honestly, he's not interested in 0-60 times, he's interested in 60-0 times. He's anti-racing for sure. He used the hemi Ram commercial as an example of how NOT to advertise a vehicle.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
irishred said:
he seems like the average American, just sue em..hell, we gotta keep the trial lawyers employed...but i would still write to Chrysler and let them know, because that falls under the rust/corrosion warranty...which i believe is 100K

The rust/corrosion warranty is only for rust thru. Read the fine print. Surface rust is not covered. Unless you have a hole in your rims, your SOL.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
adaptabl said:
The rust/corrosion warranty is only for rust thru. Read the fine print. Surface rust is not covered. Unless you have a hole in your rims, your SOL.
Yeah.......that would explain why a few members have had their rims covered............holes right through huh???

I think you've been smoking the crack pipe a bit too much again, try to lay off eh!

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Avenger said:
Well.........honestly, he's not interested in 0-60 times, he's interested in 60-0 times. He's anti-racing for sure. He used the hemi Ram commercial as an example of how NOT to advertise a vehicle.
My car does 60-0 in 114ft... buy Infiniti :)

I agree with the guy though sue them in small claims it won't cost you anything and I bet they just pay you. Or you could go all psycho pathic like you know who... building your way towards that massive heart attack

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, I DO think SN went WAY off the deep end and I really just can't believe his crappy attitude.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts