DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok folks, be gentle withe me..........I have a new tapping sound comming from under the hood. My first reaction was OH SH*T!! I have a lifter tapping!!! But, after some investigation I have noticed that when I go faster the noise stops. The car also ran VERY hot today, I mean all the way up on the water temp gauge. Could this be a water pump going bad??????? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE say yes.........any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Oh yeah....3.5 v6

Joel

·
Premium Member
16,743 Posts
There's a TSB on valve train noise - fix involves replacing some rocker components. Not sure if that's your problem, but thought I'd make you aware of that as a possibility.

Tapping noise may not be related to the overheating problem. Check that both cooling fans are working.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
peva said:
There's a TSB on valve train noise - fix involves replacing some rocker components. Not sure if that's your problem, but thought I'd make you aware of that as a possibility.

Tapping noise may not be related to the overheating problem. Check that both cooling fans are working.
How do I find out about a TSB and what is a TSB???? Is it a recall?

·
Premium Member
16,743 Posts
JoelRT said:
How do I find out about a TSB and what is a TSB???? Is it a recall?
TSB = Technical Service Bulletin. Only an advisory - most are covered only if vehicle still under warranty and exhibiting symptoms. www.alldata.com lists them all - you have to pay to see the full TSB.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts