DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sitting at a stop light in my 89 SHO, and accross from me is a black Dodge Intrepid ES, it was probably a 98 or so with the 3.2 V-6, anyway I didnt think that he was going to race, UNTIL the light changed, I started off as normal and I heard his tires chirp, and he took off, so I was like OH hell no, so I stomped on it, my front fender was at his rear fender, then I slam it into second at about 45my tires chirp, then I am pulling on him, we were even by about 50, I hit third and continue to pull by the time I reached about 80 I had about 1.5 cars on him.. He had a good race, and he was a nice guy, at the next light he asked what I had in my car, and I just told him 3.0 V-6 I suprised him I guess! This is my first post here, and I hope to learn a-lot about your cars, I like the new R/T's!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The newer Gen 3 SHO's had the V-8s (96-99) the older SHO's have the 3.0 V-6 powered by Yamaha, 220hp stock. (89-95) I have a high flow Y-pipe, K&N cone filter CAI. thats all for now. also the 89-92 SHO's only had manuals, and the 93-99 had auto 96-99 ONLY auto.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
I traded in a 93 3.2 ATX SHO on my intrepid. The only mods I had done was a CAI and K&N and I can assure you that that car could outrun my 3.2 intrepid with the same mods

the sound of that Yamaha motor screaming through the gears was pure music

[ February 05, 2002: Message edited by: joekd ]

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Welcome to the boards!

Ignore Wutang, he knows not of what he speaks.

then I slam it into second at about 45my tires chirp
That statement kills me everytime I read it, or one like it. Chirping tires between gears is not and indication of power. Hell, I was able to get my 1986 Hyundai to chirp between gears almost at will, and that stink-hole had a blazing 64hp and 88lb/ft out of a 1bbl carbed 1.5L.

Nevertheless, very nice car. How much are you asking for it? I almost bought a '92 forest green MTX SHO before I decided on the car I have now.

[ February 05, 2002: Message edited by: LHSer ]

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Originally posted by LHSer:
Chirping tires between gears is not and indication of power
I agree, I could chirp 2nd and 3rd gear in my 4-cyl s-10 due to crappy tires and an empty bed but my SHO could spin the tires from a dead stop right through 1st and 2nd gears with no brakes on dry pavement and I had 225/60 dunlop d60's so the power was there

[ February 05, 2002: Message edited by: joekd ]

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Those 3.0L Yamaha motors had two different intake paths did they not? One long one and one short one... I am trying to remember. A friend had one and that was a blast to drive. Mainly cause it had the manual trans. The trep would be great if they offered a manual for it...

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Oooo! Sounds like I have a challenge!

Nice race man. Although, your kinda out of the Intrepid's league here. If you didn't beat him (even with a late start) it would have been a crime.

I love taking my R/T and allowing the other cars get the hole shot. I give them at least a 1 to 2 car lead before I smoke 'em. It's more fun that way.

I didn't know they made performance stuff for the SHO's. I can't find many for my R/T so eventually I may loose a battle versus an SHO. "May." :D

Welcome to the board!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I didnt say my car had mad power because I chirped the tires, I was just decribing the race :D

anyway, I want a shot at an R/T, I have only seen a couple around here, but nothing major, I think they will put up a good fight. Yes they have TONS of performance stuff for the SHO, just check out www.shoshop.com www.cincysho.com www.shonut.com theres just too many, and our message forum is www.shoforum.com

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Originally posted by SHO SPD:

anyway, I want a shot at an R/T, I have only seen a couple around here, but nothing major, I think they will put up a good fight.
I think Viprman was refering to his Spirit R/T. :) And if you have seen a couple of those, than wow! They only made a few thousand Spirit R/Ts.

Hey SHO SPD, if you still have that SHO, sometime when I'm back in the Grand Rapids area visiting friends and family, you want to have a little friendly race??? :D

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
"The trep would be great if they offered a manual for it..."

DC says no need we have autostick. What a piece of crap.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
actually SHO speed though it pains me to say it, you would rip up anybody driving an intrepid R/T (unless your japanese motor blew up :) ). you wouldn't have to work very hard to take out such a car and the race might not be so friendly. well maybe if you half-throttled it...

·
Registered
27 Posts
sho shop makes tons of stuff for the sho's. they are a little spendy though :) check out some prices.

and yeah, the sho is a little out of the intrepids league.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey SHO SPD, if you still have that SHO, sometime when I'm back in the Grand Rapids area visiting friends and family, you want to have a little friendly race???
Sure, sounds like a plan. If I dont have this SHO its going to be another one, maybe not so fast because I want an auto, but still fun, and it would be a closer race. I know I would get my ass handed to me by a Spirit R/T however, I wont back down if you want to race :D

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Hey SHO SPD, are you selling your current SHO for a newer one with an automatic? :confused:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Maybe got pissed off at traffic and got tired of up and down shifting in stop and go situations? If I had an SHO like that and it gave me little problems, I would never want to sell it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As poor as it may seem Yes I am selling mine for a automatic, I want a gen 2 93 or 94, I love my 89, I just do wayyy too much city driving, and not enough racing to have a manual. It is fun out in the country or a little street race, but for now I am getting an auto, then I will get another manual, and keep the auto (not enough money for that now) but their fun either way.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.