DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm looking for the transmission control module (tcm) in my first gen. Also, if anyone knows where the tcm connects to the solenoid pack on the outside of the tranny case, that would be great.

-Ben

·
Registered
424 Posts
tcm is located on left quarter beside/under battery. Conects to tranny on top right back side of tranny. pain in the but to get to imo.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
pain???? all you have to do is take out the battary. That is easy compaired to alot of other places i have seen it in other cars.

·
Registered
424 Posts
iggy said:
pain???? all you have to do is take out the battary. That is easy compaired to alot of other places i have seen it in other cars.
I was talking about where the wiring conects to the tranny. I know how to do the TCM, it's not bad. I have only got to the wiring on the tranny when I was removing a tranny. Never tried other than that. That's why I said it was kind of a pain.
-Taaf-

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just want to double check; the solenoid pack wiring harness connects to the right (passenger) side of the transmission case, correct? (way in the back)

There is what looks to be a crank sensor also on the right side. On the left side there are three connections near the where the tranny fill tube connects to the tranny case.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The solenoid pack connection is on the left side of the tranny case. Unfortunately, the wire colors in my 94 trep are different than those in a 94 van, so my little project is on hold until I can get my hands on a 42le service manual.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts