DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick story, but still good....

I was coming up to a 4-way stop, and after I stopped, I began to creep out into the intersection before I really start to accelerate, and out of nowhere this little white Ford C-Max comes flying through the stop sign, ABS obviously going off, and I had stopped, thinking this idiot was going to run the sign, and once they stopped (1/2 way in the intersection) they waved me to go on, and I try to get through the intersection quickly because the person behind me was impatient, and started honking. So, I hit the accelerator to the floor, and it launches, and as soon as I hit the white stop bar, both front wheels start spinning like crazy, squealing like I'm trying to kill them, and I let off to about 1/2 throttle, and it continues, and I make it through that intersection with everyone giving me stern looks, and a couple of them giving me the finger.

And that's how I did my first burn-out in the Intrepid. (It definitely gets up and goes when I want it to.)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Nice, dude. They were just jealous that they're making payments on their newer but mediocre cars, but still don't enjoy them as much as you do your old Intrepid.

I used to always go for the big peel out starting from a turned wheel. It was one of the few reliable ways I had found to squeal the tires. This was about 12 years ago, I would go full throttle out of the McDonald's (where I worked at the time) showing off in front of my buddy who was the Little Caesar's sign guy across the street..

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See I don't go to show off... I was riding with a friend and he was showing off by gunning his jeep to make a light, and got pulled over... It doesnt help that this was both the day after that, and I was eight in front of the local police dept.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Well, I guess you could say that it didn't start out as showing off. I learned to drive on a '02 trailblazer and the accelerator was very conservative compared to the Concorde's. Totally different feel, never cared for the driving experience of that SUV all that much.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I drove the intrepid as my first car, and one 9 hr drive, but the majority of my hours were done in our 03 suburban... Only plus to that thing is that I can floor it all I want and get less power than a scion iQ

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
... Only 15 days left until I get my license.... I will be able to tell all the stories of the idiots on my commute to school/work!! :riptires:

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did... Its awesome, until you put Exxon in your car and it causes a misfire so harsh that it backfires and feels like transmission issues.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Bumping this thread because of one important reason:

I had my first accident today.

It was not my fault, but someone texting and speeding in the school parking lot wasn't paying attention and slammed into the back of me. I believe that she was going about 20 MPH when she hit me, and the impact was enough to smash the bumper on my poor Intrepid. Taking her in tomorrow to see if it is totaled or not.

The moral to this is that texting and driving is the absolute most RETARDED thing you can do while driving (no matter your age). Had we been on the highway and something like this happened at speed, there could be a very different ending.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts

It was not my fault, but someone texting and speeding in the school parking lot wasn't paying attention and slammed into the back of me. I believe that she was going about 20 MPH when she hit me, and the impact was enough to smash the bumper on my poor Intrepid. Taking her in tomorrow to see if it is totaled or not.

The moral to this is that texting and driving is the absolute most RETARDED thing you can do while driving (no matter your age). Had we been on the highway and something like this happened at speed, there could be a very different ending.
Best first accidents are such as this. You did nothing wrong so savor that atleast.

Do not let hem totall it so easily! Fight for it!

·
Registered
153 Posts

I'd recommend reading this article. If they don't total it, make sure the parts that are used bring the car back to the pre-accident condition.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Managed to get my estimate today...

$1,400... the car is only worth $2,000; and there might be more damage that will send the quote up past the value of the car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There's a first for everything on the road friends. I don’t have any particularly funny stories about me being in a car that I can remember off the top of my head right now, but I’m definitely enjoying reading some of your stories here. I'll just say that as long as you've learnt your lessons and are doing the safe thing now, then everything's all right!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts