DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend was at the dealer discussing a 300-m mentioned he disliked the top sped limiter the tech said that he could go in the computer and tell it that it's a cop car fast and easy on any 3.5!

Tell me its true!!!

I hate a 123 mph top speed!

Let me decide when i've had enough!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
i cant remeber where on here i read about this but yes the dealership can reprogram it or something to that effect im sure someone knows the thread im talking about and link it

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
IIRC, the police package was limited, you would need the R/T or the M with the PHP package, as these are 2 that i know did come with the Z rated tires, and no limiter. I am sure that the 01 R/T w/z rated tires didnt have one, as i have...........tested? this theory, ahh, in a controlled enviroment.

yea, thats it, controlled enviroment. thats it ;)

·
Registered
399 Posts
The dealership can not program a car for police programing. It comes from the factory with the police programing. Since I work as a service technician at a dealer I would have already done so. What the dealer CAN do is set the region code to germany and it will remove the top speed govener "tires permiting." Even with the country code changed it will still have a govener at the top of the spedo. I programed my car to Germany and it changed the govenor from 180 KM/h to 195 KM/h. Not a huge difference. So from a dealer stand point it is impossible to remove a top speed govenor.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I was under the impression that a dealership can download any program from Chrysler and put it on your computer.

Also can't Kenne Bell remove the limiter ?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
HMM wonders why you need to go faster then 108? most like youll be able to maintain that speed for long. without opps old lady driving or the rival crown vic sitting in the grass waiting for you

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
There are TWO main computers for all LH cars, the "standard" PCM and the "high-speed" PCM. The parts manual shows this difference for all years and models of LH vehicles. You've got to have the high-speed version to get the R/T (143 MPH limit), PHP(143?), Special (143) & Police Package (136) programming. The numbers I just quoted are from the Chrysler DRBIII read-out as of October 2004 when I got my new PCM. As far as I know there is no confirmation of the factory program being unlimited. The fastest I've ever heard someone going is 145 MPH (clocked on a Trep with 300M Special gauges) but even a 1% error in tires and/or other component would correct that back to ~143 ...

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cormacs said:
The dealership can not program a car for police programing. It comes from the factory with the police programing. Since I work as a service technician at a dealer I would have already done so. What the dealer CAN do is set the region code to germany and it will remove the top speed govener "tires permiting." Even with the country code changed it will still have a govener at the top of the spedo. I programed my car to Germany and it changed the govenor from 180 KM/h to 195 KM/h. Not a huge difference. So from a dealer stand point it is impossible to remove a top speed govenor.
My 3.5 concord already does 220km/h so why would german specs be better ?

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'm saying the speed limiter for the germany country code is based on your highest speed on the spedometer. I have had three different vehicles that I have done this too and it didn't remove the govenor it just put it at the highest rated speed to the stock speedometer. If you have a concorde that does 220 Km/h, your one of the lucky ones. My speedometer only goes to 200 Km/h.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
TERMINATOR101CA said:
So why would the police pakge get the 150 mph speedo if it doesnt get there ??
Actually, what I want know is why is my car limited to 136 when the tires are rated for 149?

Maybe if those donut eaters can learn how to drive they'd make faster police cars?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
TERMINATOR101CA said:
Your speedo goes only up to 200 how do you know you were doing 220 ??
Nope just went out and checked 240 kmh 140 mph

How about a check fron other canadians

My 94 es trep is the same

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I have a 95 concorde with a 240kph/140mph+ speedo and an an intrepid speed with the same numbers.... american cars only show 120mph? lol suck to be them!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts