DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 Intrepid ES with the 3.2L engine and I am getting codes p0420 and p0432 which are for the catylyst system. I was reading that there is a possability that these codes can be trown by a bad coolant temp sensor. here is the issue. my temp gauge reads totally normal but when I had it hooked to the obd scan tool in live mode it is reading the coolant in normal temp range of 220 degrees. the car has no signs of overheating. when the computer temp reaches 228 degrees the fan kicks on. this does not seem right so I am wondering what controls this and where it gets its signal from. also when in live mode on the computer about every 8 seconds the scanner looses communication with the computer in the car is this a computer issue? also sometimes if you take the car out on a ride and get it to normal operating temp and shut it off and go somewhere for about ten min and come back out sometimes it does not want to start and you have to wait about a half hour and it fires right up. I have a feeling this has something to do with signal to the computer maybe thinking the car is too hot.

let me know what you all think. thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.