DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wonering if I should get the car looked at or if i'm just being paranoid. Well to start off its like 100-105 degreese outside and whild driving round w/ my ac on the temp goes way up to the line just under the red. I looked and both fans are running. They don't seem to go into the higher gear tho. I know my first gen i could hear them swich and go into the higher gear. When I shut off the ac of course it goes down. I know i'm due for a waterpump and timing belt soon. I'm at 88k. I have the 3.5. Am i being paranoid?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Check the "Duh" stuff like coolant level. When was the last time you had your system flushed? Water pump could be the problem so if your coolant is at the recommended level then I would go there next. The temp being hotter than Hell outside doesn't help either!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've checked all that stuff and it seems to be at the right levels. I'm just wondering cuz it works fine when the temp isn't above 100. I guess it may be time for a flush and new coolant? Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yeah try getting it flushed and get any blockages out of the system and see if that helps. That's probably going to be your cheapest fix so start there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.