DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
94 Concorde (Canadian). Is the temp. guage supposed to go to the half line or 1/3 line. I ask cause mine goes past 1/3, but only about halfway past. But, my cooling fans never come on. I jumped the cooling fans at the fan motor and at the RFI module and they both come on. Swaped relays around with known working relays and I get the same problem. I replaced coolant temperature sensor already. By the way, AC relay has been pulled since the compressor is seized whenever engaged.

WTF is wrong here? I'm really hoping it isn't damaged wiring, cause I don't feel like dealing with that. Even though the fans come on when jumped through RFI module, could the RFI still be the culprit? By the way, no CEL codes for fan problems.

Now I am wondering if the car is supposed to actually heat upto half way before the fans kick in... Which never happens on my car.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Mine goes JUST above the 1/3rd line on normal operating temp, and about half way between the 1/3rd and 1/2 line when I am sitting in traffic...can't really tell if the fans come on or not without being outside the car, but I would assume that they do, because when one of my fans stopped working last year, the temp went 3/4 of the way up to hot when i was sitting in traffic and running the a/c.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My 96 never reached half way, always hovered around 1/3 or just above. I could never hear or feel if the fans were running, but it never seemed to need any help keeping cool. I would only worry if the gauge reaches half or above and the fans still don't turn on. In fact, not needing the fans to stay cool is a good thing!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 96 never reached half way, always hovered around 1/3 or just above. I could never hear or feel if the fans were running, but it never seemed to need any help keeping cool. I would only worry if the gauge reaches half or above and the fans still don't turn on. In fact, not needing the fans to stay cool is a good thing!
Yeah, it's just cause in winter time, the guage would hit 1/3 and never move. So I am surprised to see it bobble between 1/3 and 1/2 way to 1/2. But, I guess it is normal.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the AC relay pulled out, would it make sense that even if I turn on the ac that the ac fan won't come on?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts