DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a buddy with a 99 Doge Ram P/U (not sure what engine)...... getting less than 10 MPG, where he used to get 14 and above all around gas millage. . He looked for codes but got none........ he drives it pretty easy so he is wondering what it might be... any ideas out there???

·
That rhythm is INFECTIOUS.
18,595 Posts
When's the last time he checked tire pressure? :dunno:

This kinda 'sudden' or he's noticed it over time?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
99 Ram likely has the 5.2 like my Durango and if he was getting 14 combined mileage he was doing good. Winter gas sucks and on fresh plugs and air filter, tires a couple lbs overinflated and easy driving I'm getting 13MPG and I'd say 60% of my mileage is highway.

Like others said, check all the above

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,343 Posts
got a buddy with a 99 Doge Ram P/U (not sure what engine)...... getting less than 10 MPG, where he used to get 14 and above all around gas millage. . He looked for codes but got none........ he drives it pretty easy so he is wondering what it might be... any ideas out there???
Have the catalytic converter checked...seen plenty of those plug, or break up on the Rams and restrict the exhaust.

Its most likely a 5.2, could be a 5.9 too....both are essentially the same, like the 3.2 and 3.5. Could also be the 3.9, being a full size Ram, I doubt it.

Check the air filter, fuel pressure, and tune up items as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts