DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My car was stolen.

April 22nd, 2006. Between 12:30am(past midnight) and 11:30am (just before noon).

Me and my wife filled the tank to the top, parked the car after buying some late night groceries, I took my face plate with me and armed my car alarm, which locks the doors naturally.

Woke up the next morning and the car's el gono. Filed police report. Called insurance. Hopefully the car arises, if not plans for a new car are going to be put in place soon. I'm not sure what I'll go with. Something possibly a tiny bit smaller, possibly truck. depends on funds.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Ah man, that's too bad. I remember when my first car got stolen, a Mercury Capry XR2.. pretty quick little convertible, and it was kinda rare too...O well, they are replacable!

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd just love to get something newer.. my car's been a love/hate relationship lately. Love it and wouldnt want to sell it. But when something on it breaks, which seems more often than not, I hate it.

A nice newer 300m would be sweet... and right around my margin for a newer car if not a brand new something else.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I wonder how they unlocked the doors and started the engine w/out drawing attention from the alarm going off?
If my car got stolen I would be sick to my stomach. It would be like a kidnapping to me.
It would be nice to recover the car in one piece but on the other hand maybe the insurance will help w/ getting a newer/smaller car.

A-hole thieves should lose a finger or hand for what they did!

-GB49

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree. I'm just suprised I haven't gone crazy. I HATE any other means of transporattion other than my car. It's got my sense of style, tint that I like.. save TONS of time and has.. or had wicked audio in it.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear that man :(

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
And if they don't hopefully I can find a fairly priced 300m Special. ;)
Darn that darned depreciation rate.... My car's worth it... one quarter it's weight in metal. 300m specials are now in my price range. So what if it's 4 years old. ;)

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
need to put in a special alarm where if someone tries to steal the car they get in and a sleeping gas gets sprayed. knock the ****er out before he even hits the road. Better yet have the car self destruct with the bastard in the car. dynamite is installed under the drivers seat so that the sucker loses his balls first. That will teach people not to steal cars. Sorry for your lose man. It is like kidnapping. i would be out there searching for her. screw the cops they dont help. Only if there is a gps system u can put on the cars today and then trace it through a laptop to find your car. like a lojack but for people to find there own cars and not the cops to find. I hear now that cops ignore lojack. lojack is only good for insurance deductable. I wish i could invent something for ours car for incase **** like this happens. good luck man and hope u find her. i feel your pain man. goodluck

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
ya specials are crazy cheap now. A 2002 with high km was selling on trader for like 14k CAN... i think thats really cheap for a fully loaded special.

Sorry to hear about ur loss, but at least its replacement will be newer/better.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
EvilDeadFan said:
And if they don't hopefully I can find a fairly priced 300m Special. ;)
Darn that darned depreciation rate.... My car's worth it... one quarter it's weight in metal. 300m specials are now in my price range. So what if it's 4 years old. ;)

Now that sounds like a good idea to me....we need more Special's on the board...lol
:bigparty:

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
I wanted to get a special,, but im just gonna wait for a g35 coupe... prob a 2004 so the prices can fall a little bit. First thing im doing to the G is HID retro HEHE..... just like the trep.

The specials are really nice cars, but really big for a student driver. I like the comfort of the LH class in general but the special M brings comfort and performance together....

I wonder if the g35 is as plug and play as the intrepid. Prob not.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
look at anti-theft devices middle column...

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cobra!!! I love you. I've been looking for those animations allllllllllllllllllll day!
And I'll have 4 immobilizers in the next car. A local will help me install it as he now does it for a living. The car will have to be towed to steal it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts