DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dear all,
when i bought my car 45 days ago (interpid 97, 3.5L 200000KM) i did a computer test, the coil, the spark wires and the firing timiming of the cylinders was excelent, then after buying the car by 5 days it started to leak fuel baddly, back then i didn't know that there was a recall about that i took the car to a mechanic and he fixed it but the motor started to shake and to overheat, now the guy is telling me that there is 2 cylinders that aren't working!
i really don't trust this guy but is there any thing that i can do to check if he's right or wrong?
i really think that he made a mistake somewhere when he was fixing the fuel rail.
btw i've changed the sparks too,
HELP!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You could get a compression gauge. It is a simple set-up. Hose attached to the gauge.
One end of the hose goes where the spark plug plugs in. Then you crank the engine without turning it on. The best way to do this is to take out the fuel pump fuse. This way engine won't start. Test out every cylinder. Your compression should be between 120 and 180 PSI. Don't know what that is in Hg.mm / BAR.
look it up on google.com
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I also believe you an file for reimbursement from dodge for the fuel rail replacement done by your mechanic. up to a certain rate if done to spec with the correct replacement parts and documentation. don't quote me on this though. have a dodge dealler check the rails maybe he *ucked it up.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
MADNOD said:
dear all,
when i bought my car 45 days ago (interpid 97, 3.5L 200000KM) i did a computer test, the coil, the spark wires and the firing timiming of the cylinders was excelent, then after buying the car by 5 days it started to leak fuel baddly, back then i didn't know that there was a recall about that i took the car to a mechanic and he fixed it but the motor started to shake and to overheat, now the guy is telling me that there is 2 cylinders that aren't working!
i really don't trust this guy but is there any thing that i can do to check if he's right or wrong?
i really think that he made a mistake somewhere when he was fixing the fuel rail.
btw i've changed the sparks too,
HELP!
if it is no longer leaking fuel, maybe the mechanic did not re-connect the injecter wiring for 2 cyls.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts