DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a few tps sensors laying around and im not sure if they will work on my trep. Before i take my tires in to get them installed, how can i test the sensors..

Will they work out of the wheels?? ie P = 0 LOL

I also dont have an alloy spare so could i just chuck a sensor in the trunk??? it would have a low pressure reading but thats ok with me

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody???

can i use a speaker or something of that size??

I know the dealer item is round .. can i get that at the dealer?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I think he means Tire Pressure Sensor---Why they have to be installed at a tire shop
is interesting, and what a magnet has to do with testing and a round dealer item has me
on the edge of my seat!!Then there's Chuck in the trunk!
Where's the punchline? [Anybody--out there...?]
(Sorry- I'm just lost on what you're trying to do? Do you have OTIS, or ATIS
in /on your ride?)

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
K i have an EVIC....

with TPS feature, the sensors go in the wheels. They need to be in 5 wheels in order for the evic to allow u to program the sensors.

A garage needs to remove the tires, add the sensors and add the tires and re balance again.

When the evic goes into program mode it will ask you to program each wheel. Now it cant tell which wheel is l/r b/f. So when it asks for FR, you need to place a strong magnet on the tire valve which is the sensor head. This will allow the evic to pick up the sensor signal of that wheel as ur FR wheel.

This has to be done for all the wheels including the spare. I dont have an alloy spare so the sensor cannot send a signal through steel. I want to know how i can test these since i used a small magnet on the sensors i found in bulk ( i have like 10) but im not sure if they will work with out evics. They look identical to our sensors but GM used this sensor type as well.

In any case i wanted to see how strong the magnet has to be so i can tell if the sensor is broken before i get them installed in the tires and find out they are faulty or incompatible.

Hope that clears it up.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Any magnet will do, and you don't need to have them installed, they will all just read as being low. You can have them all in the front seat for all the evic cares.
Infact when I got my set, they were laying on the floor, and the evic picked up the signal because a speaker (magnet) was laying with them and my evic kept beeping and telling me I had 4 flat tires.
Yes, you can just through the 5th one in the console if you wish after it is programmed. The EVIC will tell you to check the spare every time you start the car.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Thanks! I learned something from your post- I don't have any optional systems
as you do, and it barely made sense to me. Now I know wasup!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts