DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup....it's true! I have reports from a VERY reliable person that the Texas DPS has a brown Intrepid SE running around Abilene nabbing folks.

The car has civilian plates, dark tint and a one extra antenna. There is no light bar; the flashing lights are in the windows and it is equipped with wig-wag.

My question is why a brown Intrepid SE..... then again, it is cheap on gas and outmaneuvers the CVPI. :D

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Alot of police and even sheriff departments have those SE 2.7L Police intrepids... My only guess as to why is it is cheaper than the 3.5L Police intrepids...... but then again some smaller departments only have like 4-5 miles to cover and don;t need the bigger engine!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only true police package Intrepids I have ever seen are ones with the 3.5HO like the ones the Dallas PD uses.

I think this 2.7 is just an upfitted civilian model..... but still, it can outmaneuver a CVPI and it's cheaper on the gas so maybe that's the logic here. Save the CVPI for the pit maneuver and use the trep for light duty patrols. :p

I've just never seen the DPS use one of these..... they do have a Charger though....damn that thing looks good.

·
Registered
97 Posts
See they weren't hassling you those nights, they were looking for driving tips. :0

1 - 4 of 4 Posts