DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many members do we have from Texas? Maybe we could have a meet in the DFW area or down in Austin sometime over the summer......

So far it's me (home is in Abilene, school in Arlington) and Silver&Gold.
Anyone else? I know y'all are out there......

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I know this thread is a few months old. But it's ok!

I'm down here at Wichita Falls for the next few months and wouldn't mind traveling a little bit. Depending on Distance. I would be down for a meet of any size group. Any weekend..

Fernando

·
Registered
286 Posts
I just moved to Whitney, which is 50 miles north of Waco and 75 south of Arlington/Fort Worth. (About 12 miles from I-35)

I seriously need some friends, I am a sad young woman. lol

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Well your about 200 miles (3 hours) from me. I was just down that way in San Antonio this weekend. Whitney, looks like a pretty small town. I can see why your "bored"

EDIT.. I just read your other posts and see why you live in the middle of nowhere.

·
Registered
193 Posts
It would be nice to show up to something like that, but even though i'm in Texas, I live in El Paso which would make it a good 8+ hour trip(depending on speed).
pshhh.... I live in Alamogordo, which is close to EP... even though its in New Mexico, I would still go for a meet in Texas somewhere.... oh yeah, and screw TX for the strict street laws... $180 for 10 miles over... wat the hell :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Rio Grande Valley, I run a youth Sea Base on South Padre Island. So, I can sympathize with El Paso, out east we would be about four states from each other

·
Registered
569 Posts
I live in Cypress, just outside of Houston. My schedule changes a lot so I can't guarantee I can mke a meet, but I'd sure like to try.

Jim Snover

·
Registered
97 Posts
I just found out I have to drive my oldest back to San Marcos Friday. Any must see stops in San Antonio for Trep stuff? All I have are the usual shops and could use a fast side trip to a great yard. I won't have any time to pull but if there was a must see stop . . .

·
Registered
431 Posts
Spring TX- Just north of Houston. Jim's actually not far from me at all.

What's funny is that I've been noticing lately a lot more members from TX. Even on the 300M boards there are a few. I would think a neutral place to meet would be Austin or San Antonio. Somewhere in the middle of the state to accomodate everyone.

·
Registered
569 Posts
If you see an Inferno Red SXT going to or from Galveston on Sam Houston Tollway, driven by a big, dopey-looking, old, bald white guy, that's me!

Jim Snover

Spring TX- Just north of Houston. Jim's actually not far from me at all.

What's funny is that I've been noticing lately a lot more members from TX. Even on the 300M boards there are a few. I would think a neutral place to meet would be Austin or San Antonio. Somewhere in the middle of the state to accomodate everyone.

·
Registered
431 Posts
If you see an Inferno Red SXT going to or from Galveston on Sam Houston Tollway, driven by a big, dopey-looking, old, bald white guy, that's me!

Jim Snover
LOL!!!! From the north side to Galveston? That's a pretty hefty commute you have there! I'll keep an eye out whenever I'm on the tollway. I work in The Woodlands and live close to Louetta and 45 so I don't usually wander far from the area.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Three weeks and I start a new job with a much smaller commute and a company car & gas. I love working in Galveston, but the length of the drive and the cost of gas were killing me. Soon I'll be putting a lot less miles on the Great Red Shark.

Jim Snover

LOL!!!! From the north side to Galveston? That's a pretty hefty commute you have there! I'll keep an eye out whenever I'm on the tollway. I work in The Woodlands and live close to Louetta and 45 so I don't usually wander far from the area.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've been to Galveston last month.... that place is a dumb (no offense), why do you like working there... it looked like it was a nice place at one point, since it has a couple of nice houses.. but all sourrounded by garbage... well,I only spend a couple of hours there, so I might be wrong, but that was just what I saw.

By the way, what kind of hispanic street gangs do you have in houston, for the ones that I live there?... I went to go for dinner in houston on my way to galveston in a rather interesting neighborhood :D... I would bet that I was the only white boy in a ten mile radius :D... but we germans are rather ignorant

1 - 20 of 21 Posts