DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed oil again yesterday.
I want to thank whoever figured out the ford v8 filter would fit the 3.2/3.5's so well!! That extra length (plus the extra filter element area) makes the change
so worthwhile! I used the Puralator Pure One PL30001...

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
alarkyokie said:
Changed oil again yesterday.
I want to thank whoever figured out the ford v8 filter would fit the 3.2/3.5's so well!! That extra length (plus the extra filter element area) makes the change
so worthwhile! I used the Puralator Pure One PL30001...

Just go to a Chrysler dealer and get their filters for the old V8 engines.
They are the same as Ford, but will have Mopar on them instead of Motorcraft.

These will fit all Chrysler engines, including the 3L, 3.3L, 2.7L, 3.2L, 3.5L.
Just as long as there is sufficient clearance, the thread and seal is the same.
There are some internal relief valving differences apparently, but I've used them on my 3L, 3.3L and 3.5 for lots of no problem miles.
They run about $5.00 each.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I just wanted to mention that some people have raised concerns around valving and spring/relief pressure with filters that just happen to fit our cars but are not specified for them. So if we could fit a 1/2 gallon size filter from a tractor trailer, it may be made to work at different pressures and flows or whatever.

That is the only concerns/worries I have had in using the larger cans from K&N, Mobile, Pure One. Joe Consumer can't tell if they work identically to the recommended filter

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've seen no flow/pressure issues with this particular filter...

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I know the FE1 pictured relieves at 65lbs; not sure what the stock one for the 3.5 is.
As far as flow is concerned, the FE1 was designed for 440, 426 etc so that shouldn't be a concern.

The only thing that may be is the filter size, but as I said I've used it in my 3L & 3.3L both of which have almost 300000 Km on them with no ill effects - both still have oil pressure in the original factory range.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts