DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,716 Posts
Happened to me last spring. An elongated vertical dent in the rear passenger door. To answer the original question about why people can't be carefull with their doors:

1. They aren't one of the few percent of people who actually car about their (and other people's) cars.

2. It was truly an accident.

3. It was a little kid that did it, doesn't know any better and if the parent saw it, they'd rather flea then take responsibility.

4. Someone is jealous. You have something they can't and rather then deal with it they will destroy it, seems to make them feel better or something.

5. You could have done it and didn't realize it... NOT VERY LIKELY!!!!!!!

6. People are just assholes!

:D

· Registered
2,716 Posts
This kind of stuff seems to be more prevelant with apartment living. I hope I can get a house with a garage soon. :p

· Registered
2,716 Posts
Originally posted by MoparHead:
It may have happened elsewhwere, but I am 90 percent sure the kid upstairs did it. There is black paint left on my car and he has a black Chevy truck. Haven't decided if and how to approach him on this one.
This same thing happened to my girlfriends 2000 black Neon. We hated our neighbors who lived above us (drove a mid eighties beat to piss light blue Ciera) and we constantly had to tell them to keep the noise down etc. One day I noticed a golf ball size door ding in the passenger side of her car while washing it. There was some light blue paint rubbed in the mark as well. Hmmm, I wonder who did it. It is a light blue ding and their space was to the right of ours and we don't get along, big mystery. Anyway, even with this much information I had to weigh the possibilitites...

1. I tell bring it too their attention, they do nothing about it and nothing else happens.

2. I get the cops involved they say I can't prove anything and nothing happens.

3. Either 1 or 2, I don't get money for it and they do something else to the car (higher possibility).

4. I do nothing, avoid the situation and move in a few months.

I had to choose #4. :rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.