DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off work at midnight and found that someone smashed my back window in, looks like with a baseball bat. Its been raining since 7.

I just washed and waxed and detailed my car before I went to work at 3:30. I guess thats what I get for treating a family sedan like a show car.
:crying::banghead::crying::crying::banghead:

·
Registered
277 Posts
I just got off work at midnight and found that someone smashed my back window in, looks like with a baseball bat. Its been raining since 7.

I just washed and waxed and detailed my car before I went to work at 3:30. I guess thats what I get for treating a family sedan like a show car.
:crying::banghead::crying::crying::banghead:
Thats horrible!:sneaky2: People like that make me mad. Luckily I've never had that happen. Your trep is a really nice looking car and there is no shortage of idiots in the world unfortunately. Hope it doesn't cost you too much to fix.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
You're not an ass. I had nothing of value in the car, and they didn't try to steal anything anyway- it was just a small hole from the initial impact (about the size of the end of the bat) and the rest of the glass just cracked out from that. All I had in view was a cell phone charger, an ice scraper, and an umbrella, and a tape deck adapter for my mp3 player. The mp3 player in my purse with me at my desk. Everything else in my car is worthless anyway- asperin, tire guage, pens, etc. Nothing at all of value. Just some jackass decided it would be fun to smash my window.

I've got a $250 deducitble and will file the claim tomorrow. I already filed a police report but nothing will come of it because I have no witnesses, and the parking lot doesn't have cameras.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All I can think of is that I detailed my car in the parking lot of my apartment and someone may have thought it would be funny to smash my car right after I just detailed it. But I can't think of any specific person, or anything I did that may have pissed anyone off, even at work. :(

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
All I can think of is that I detailed my car in the parking lot of my apartment and someone may have thought it would be funny to smash my car right after I just detailed it. But I can't think of any specific person, or anything I did that may have pissed anyone off, even at work. :(
I really doubt its anyone from your apartment building. That really really sucks!

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Lets hunt them down!

I had someone do that to my car once, then I caught him doing it to someone else's car in the same lot a few days later. He was dropping chunks of patio stone off a roof and onto the cars. After a little sweet revenge, I called the police and they came and got him, he was from the psych hospital ( Highbury Hilton as we called it ).

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Lets hunt them down!

I had someone do that to my car once, then I caught him doing it to someone else's car in the same lot a few days later. He was dropping chunks of patio stone off a roof and onto the cars. After a little sweet revenge, I called the police and they came and got him, he was from the psych hospital ( Highbury Hilton as we called it ).
nice,
if that happened to two lh members and they caught the guy i think they would play car tug-o-war with his outer extremities LOL.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sorry to hear that someone is a hater of your car , it happens allot around my place ( bad neighborhood ) but we are lucky no one has dared do anything ..

Only at a car show once , we left the car alone for a few min and came back to find coke splashed all over the side of the car ...

People just don't know how to respect other peoples things .

·
Registered
739 Posts
I had someone smash my drivers side window few months back to steal a cheap MP3 player. I left it lying around because I didnt think people were so petty. 275$ and a 25 mile drive later, I had a new window. Since then, Ive had my windows tinted and I leave nothing in sight. I figure if i leave cellphone chargers, mp3 plugs, or anything of the sort visible then a thief will think those things are in the car. I dont even leave my radar detector in sight, its up above the sun strip on my windshield.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
10 days after I bought my Civic, it was keyed. Right after I washed and waxed my '88 Aries, and it glistened in the sunlight, it was keyed. My mom's Toyota Sienna van was keyed when she was at work one day. Figure those out.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Blue I am so very sorry.... I know you must be mad as hell.. not only because of the damage but also because you feel so violated when you can not even justify such ****ed up actions.... to add fuel to the fire is the process of having to talk to the police and Insurance people who really try to care but you know they just don't get it and that without some dumb luck this thing will go unpunished--- all the guys here are giving good advice I would definately make sure you leave nothing at all visiable ( put a box or tote bag in your trunk and you can throw things in there when you get out of your car)-- the other thing is a good tint serves many purposes... keeps interior cooler..looks great ..and keeps evil eyes out... Finally as I have recently learned an Alarm of any type serves some purpose-- the basics such as a flashing visible light showing it is armed and a loud horn going off or at least threating to go off will make most of these skirt wearing wanta be thugs run off like the sissy lala's they are.... the odds are that one of us will catch someone breaking into our car eventually and all though I do not want anyone to get harmed or introuble if the situations calls for a few restraining blows please remember those of us who never got that oportunity...and show them a little extra love

·
Registered
82 Posts
Everything else in my car is worthless anyway- asperin, tire guage, pens, etc. Nothing at all of value.
Someone broke into my truck 5 years ago stole my Mentos, 5 or 6 CD's and didnt bother to check the center console that had 100 bucks in it. Damn Drunks

Sorry to hear about your car.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
...an Alarm of any type serves some purpose
See, that's the part I don't understand. I have the factory alarm on my car, and it has the blinking light on the dash to show its armed. Why didn't it go off? Or if it did, did it just go for a while and then quit?

I know the alarm was working before because when I got the car I tried unlocking the driver door with the ignition key while the alarm was armed, and it flipped out on me. Also I've accidentally hit the panic button before instead of the trunk button on the remote. So I know the damned thing works. Apparantly it does nothing when the windows get broken.:mad::mad:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts