1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
original:

Half way there:

ALMOST DONE!!

i just gotta buff out my valve cover and do a couple more tricks and its all gonna be done!!

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
looks much better green. but once you post your final picture i'll bet i can tell you how to clean other parts even more if you want.

·
Registered
881 Posts
missed a spot. lol just kidding. Looking good can't wait to see it completely done.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
I've got the underneath of a 3.5 to be cleaned....any takers??? :)

lOOks good :) *steals intake*

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wash the engine with regular car wash soap and do it real good. when i did mine, i washed along the outside of the hood and the engine bay. dont spray it with high pressure, just a regular hose will work. I then used steel wool and scrubbed the plenum until it got like the second picture. i then did the other side the same way. i then used blue magic aluminum polish and nevr dull on it.

After all that im gonna spray the CD2 engine detailer on that, but i have to finish everything up first.

Maverick9110E said:
no its def. not easy. it takes at leat 3+ hours of elbow grease.
dude, your car better be a shitload cleaner than mine, because i spent close to an hour on mine....prob not even that much. then again, im not completely done. i got a trick up my sleeve for this weekend if i get the time tomorrow night.

BTW: Thanks spencer for the advice on cleaning it

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
i spent about an hour under the hood of the dakota today shining all my chrome and painting miscellaneous parts that dont look so pretty back to flat black..:)

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
i clean what i can reach, theres some places you just cant reach, for them a brass toothbrush really comes in handy, so do the nylone ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts