DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you may know, I have been on the search for a 3.5 engine to drop into my 99 intrepid after killing my second 2.7.

After watching the SGI Auction site weekly waiting for a car to come across for less than what an engine would be (A scrap yard told my $630 plus taxes, so roughly $700) I came across this car with a reserve bid of $400.

Sight unseen I bid $457.98 and a week later, I won.

After a small delay in waiting on the keys for it, I finally got to bring it home this past monday night. And hear she is!!

Now, as for the Bad part.

In total I paid $480 after taxes for the car. From what I have learnt, parts from an intrepid will bolt over and I am buying another parts intrepid for body panels for my intrepid, but it still has the lower rad support, rad, power steering pump and A/C condenser that I *know* it needs

Think I should put her back on the road guys?

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It even came with a near brand new set of Michelin tires!! lol Can anyone tell me what color the interior is?? Taupe?

Thanks everyone!! when I first saw it in person I didn't have the heart to gut her out for just the engine anymore, ut wanted to know what my LH family thought :D

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
Not bad, looks easy enough to fix as long as the frame rails aren't too far out if any. It looks like a sandstone or camel interior, you'd have to look on the drivers door frame for a sticker indicating the color.

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Nice score there, little TLC and you'l have her up and running. That's the same color interior I got.

Can I have the seats?

·
Woober Goobers!
49,839 Posts
Why not fix what's wrong on the front end of the 300m vs swapping all the crap onto an Intrepid?

·
Woober Goobers!
49,839 Posts
My crappy collection? LOL!

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Now, should I get a stock grille insert, or keep rocking the 'Bentley' one? I do plan on debadging and de molding the 300M, just looks soo much cleaner!!!

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SOO.... I have Sold the 300M to my girlfriends parents. They fell in love with it and really like it, and I will be able to keep tabs on it as well to make sure its always running right and I will post pictures of it when it is fixed and put back onto the road.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts