DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So after the successful meet yesterday I headed out to Birmingham to meet up with Ronbo and buy his extra set of special wheels. The drive out was great, the wheels are awesome, and it was fun to stand around and bs for a while. About half way back to Atlanta I noticed some random misfiring. As I approached the state line it was happening more frequently so I pulled over and looked it over with nothing obvious and got back on the highway, by the next exit it was bad enough to make me fully concerned so I stopped, pulled the codes with nothing unusual and looked everything over again and still couldnt come up with anything, about that time I had Devan on the phone to help me troubleshoot and we couldnt come up with anything useful so I decided to limp on down the road which worked for a while but it only kept getting worse and by the next exit it was barely running. As I parked the car and shut it off there was a big cloud of smoke so that immediately indicated a mechanical problem. Thank god I had my tools with me, I pulled the plugs and found #1 to be soaked in oil. I pulled the #1 injector plug and found it would run on five cylinders so I got back on the road and limped it the rest of the way back to my hotel.

So thats the story, my car is currently sitting here 800miles from the comforts of home with what is most likely a blown head gasket. I could fix it pretty quick if only I had a place to do it..:facepalm: Such is life I suppose, and I'm actually starting to get used to this...

·
Woober Goobers!
51,950 Posts
Unbelievable! After the accident now this! I sent a PM to you just now. Let me know if there's anything I can do.

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
Wow Dave, no fun! Wish I still had some 3.3 parts, I'd ship 'em to ya! I'm with Duds, if there is anything we can do from a distance, let us know.

I'd fix it there, sounds like you've got some support in the neighborhood.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Unless someone knows a garage in south atlanta there is not much that can be done.

Someone needs to start a chain of parts stores that has rentable work bays so if a guy like me suddenly has a problem like this I could rent a bay for a day and have access to the space needed for something like this, you could charge a little more for tools, on site fluids disposal, and have a certified mechanic on duty to keep an eye on things and give a hand if needed.
Anyways, thats what I've been thinking about the last few hours...

btw, there is no choice but to fix it here. It will drive for a while but I cant say how far, certainly not 800 miles. At most it will have to go about 200miles next month.

·
Woober Goobers!
51,950 Posts
Do you need a garage or would someone's yard/driveway do for like a weekend or a week? I'm willing to travel over and lend a hand if you find a place. I can run and get supplies/refreshments/etc...and whatever else needs to be done.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I am hoping for a garage but I really just need a place where I can work on it for a few hours and get the fluids out. I dont like just dumping fluids on the ground (its illegal btw) and dont need some security guard wandering over and telling me to knock it off half way though the job. I just want to park it somewhere, get my tools out and get it done without having to worry about all that crap.

I've got a plan worked out with Devan to fix it on the 22nd but if I can figure out how to fix it sooner my mind would be Much more at ease.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
38,497 Posts
Dang Dave, that sucks!! You'll get her fixed up one way or another.

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Dave, hell go buy a pop-up canopy, and just work on it in the hotel parking lot.
If you explain the situation, they will understand.

Just have some Oil-Dri, and cardboard...lots of cardboard to throw down.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is one of those situations where its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission, isnt it?

·
Premium Member
15,510 Posts
if they see your stuck , and keeping things neat they usually dont say much,, i changed a clutch once in a holiday inn parking lot, back in 1982, in fact , it was here in nashville,,

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
Dave, I have a 10x10 pop up I'd send to you... it is just a roof over your head, but it'd be something...

One like this. I paid less than 40 for it, I'd send it to you and you can send it back when ever, no rush...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.