DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Mark is just trying to build an A/V system in his car that will rival most home theatres..... :biggrin::crazy:

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
Re: CD head unit

SoundGorillaz said:

If you are paying over $2000 American for your head unit, you must be getting into the a/v units. Units with lcd display screens and dvd in it.

My RFX9300 is a cd player. Plays MP3's. No dvd funtions or monitors. So if you are shoppng for a cd player and they are asking over $2000 US, you better walk the other way. That is a scary price

:crazy:
I would never own a head unit with a monitor or DVD fucntion. For every little gadget and extra you lose audio quality. Obviously something had to be sacrificed to make room for all the extra crap. I've done listening tests and found this to be true IMHO. The head units I'm refering to are the Alpine CDA-7990 F1 Status (MSRP $3000) and the Nakamichi CD-700 (MSRP $1749.00). I should have said over $1500 not $2000 my bad. :blush:

From all the research I've done, including listening tests, etc. these are two of the best head units currently available. The Alpine one is over priced ($2000 would be fair), but the Nakamichi is worth every penny...

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Oh come on.......Its not like you're an audio engineer or anything.. LOL.

I'm feeling so ornery today.....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
jtatz said:
Mark is just trying to build an A/V system in his car that will rival most home theatres..... :biggrin::crazy:
Actually I'm looking to rival most commercial theaters... :hehe: :hehe:

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I'll be looking for your THX certified amplifier and wires!

(Not that THX is all that great..but anyway..)
:bigsmile:

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
jtatz said:
I'll be looking for your THX certified amplifier and wires!

(Not that THX is all that great..but anyway..)
:bigsmile:
THX! :baaa: Don't get me started on Lucas and his certification crap. It's all about money and little about quality. I've seen the source code for the THX PPP algorithm, and well, what can I say... :baaa:

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
LOL... I knew the second I mentioned THX I'd get a response like that.

I was just trying to think of some sort of commerical certification.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I just wanted to say that I got an email saying that 48 pounds of audio equipment has left IKE's today for scheduled UPS Thursday delievery. Just in time for the weekend. ;)

·
Registered
261 Posts
UPS delivery thurs haha:laugh:
o'sorry about that. I hope it all come's in for ya in one piece, and ya dont have to go threw what Im going threw with em!
my under car lights that were shipped last monday still are not here. they were sent in the wrong direction, UPS customer service wasnt worth a sh*t for helping me when I called wondering what was going on :mad: and I found out this afternoon they delivered 3 of my mother in law's packages to the wrong place. needless to say UPS customer service was no help at all again(they said it wasnt there problem and for me to call the company the packages orignated from)
needless to say I'll never use UPS again

LD

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
LordDragon said:
UPS delivery thurs haha:laugh:
o'sorry about that. I hope it all come's in for ya in one piece, and ya dont have to go threw what Im going threw with em!
my under car lights that were shipped last monday still are not here. they were sent in the wrong direction, UPS customer service wasnt worth a sh*t for helping me when I called wondering what was going on :mad: and I found out this afternoon they delivered 3 of my mother in law's packages to the wrong place. needless to say UPS customer service was no help at all again(they said it wasnt there problem and for me to call the company the packages orignated from)
needless to say I'll never use UPS again

LD
Personally I've shipped a lot with UPS and not had any significant problems. It does happen once in a while that packages get placed on the wrong truck. With that many boxes, it's gonna happen. If your mother-in-law's packages were delivered wrong because they had the wrong address on them that's hardly UPS's fault...

·
Registered
261 Posts
dbaudiopro said:
Personally I've shipped a lot with UPS and not had any significant problems. It does happen once in a while that packages get placed on the wrong truck. With that many boxes, it's gonna happen. If your mother-in-law's packages were delivered wrong because they had the wrong address on them that's hardly UPS's fault...

only prob is I dont know how out of 5 packages from the same company shipped the same day 2 of them get here fine the other three go to three completly diffrent places on three diffrent trucks.
Id be willing to bet all 5 packages have the same addy which would make it UPS's fault
and as for what is going on with my lights this is the 3rd time ive had UPS screw up like that. personaly I wouldnt wish any thing like this on my worst enemy.
personaly from now on Im gona go with FedEx the rates are the same and of the things Ive had shipped to me threw them there's never been a screw up.

also the ups lady that delivered one of the packages told me UPS can NOT actualy garentee a delivery date or time. if your garenteed a date or time you were lied to. thats just what she told me
Im glad you havent had these types of problems from them, maybe it's some thing wierd about me :p

Im just keeping my fingers crossed my lights get here ok and it will all be done and over with. o'yea according to the UPS site my lights are suposto be delivered to day, and they still have a 12-13hrd drive to get here, wonder how that will be pulled off:confused:

LD
p.s. sorry if it seems like I ranted, didnt meen to :biggrin:

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
LordDragon said:
sorry if it seems like I ranted, didnt meen to :biggrin:
Nothin wrong with ranting. I'm know for it. That sucks about the packages. I didn't realize there was more than 3 and that all 3 were headed different places. This is crap and it likely is UPS's fault. The onlyl thing I'll say, and it's really NOT in their defense at all, but from what I understand pretty much all the boxes get sorted by computer bar code. It doesn't take much to throw that bar code off and God only knows where the box will go... :crazy:

21 - 32 of 32 Posts