DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Based off of the title of this Thread, you can probably assume how this story ends, but I just thought i'd share what happended and a few pics...

December 26th at 7pm, I was commuting back to the farm from work and decided to head out to my mom's place to grab my Leathal Weapon box set I just got the previous day (Christmas day)... About 2 miles from her house a deer ran out of the ditch and across the road - i know not to swerve to miss an animal but if i could save any damage to the car I was going to take the risk.

The good news is I missed the deer - the bad news is i hit the one that was trying to keep up with the first... I'll try to attach some pics of the car. Never the less the insurance company declared the car totaled - based off of what i know, i dont believe it is, but i'm going to fix the car up...

The damage:
The hood - will replace
The front bumper cover was an aftermarket r/t grill - which shattered into a thousand peices
The passenger side headlight - will replace
The radiator fan's plastic mounting brackets (3 out of the 4 broke)

- there were a few more other peices that need replaced as well...

Attachments

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
That sucks man. I take it you bought the car back from the insurance company? The 2 times I have hit deer it was always the 2nd one for some reason. Dang deers have to travel alone.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Ouch. That sucks, i'm sorry to hear about that. I hit a deer in my old explorer, but never in my Intrepid.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sorry for the dumb question but is that like a law or something?

I'm asking this because I once almost hit a park car just to not hit a dog...
plus i heard that insurance companies won't raise your rates
if you have deerguts on your windshield. lol!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
That sucks man sorry to hear that, you know what, that Intrepid almost looks like a Charger with the bumper and front grill gone.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I cought the back legs of a deer once, didnt do any damage. 2 hours later i was screwin around and crashed my Trep anyway :O

1 - 11 of 11 Posts