DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so heres what my system will include that ive kinda made final.
Polk MOMO 5.25" Components
Polk MOMO 6x9" 3-way coaxials
2 Polk MOMO 12" DVC's
Polk MOMO 4 channel amp and 2 channel amp
Eclipse CD4000 head unit

this will be the first system ive installed and i can say i am more than just a little excited to do it with a couple of my buddies. already made the template for the bracket i need to mount the tweeters in the dash. just gotta make one for the 5.25 in the doors cuz the holes dont match up as i had planned for. oh well tho more custom **** is always more fun. just gotta get the wiring and im ready to go. ill put pics up when im all done.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
why are you buying 5.25's when the correct size is 6 1/2 seems kinda pointless to me..and also..polk momo speakers have shitty bass response

·
Registered
105 Posts
The key thing here is, get the components that sound best to you, not what averyone else "thinks" are the best sounding....

I for one know that some 5 inch components sound better than 6 inchers, especially in the critical midrange frequencies........Go with waht you want, do the install properly and take your time, i am sure you will like it! Polk audio has always made some very nice speakers, I even have an old set of polk 5 jr's that sound AWESOME to this day.

post pics of the system !!!!!!!!!!! would like to see it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually the correct size is 5.25. i know this cuz, thats what the other ones are. now if i were to go with 6.5, then i would have some more work now wouldnt i? meaning they dont fit. and mainly cuz the holes are u know for a 5.25 set. and i dont really need a ton of bass response if ive got a couple of 12's. and i like alpine but i like polk better. but as ive come to find out i may not be able to get those amps so i think i might be going with power acoustik. its a good thing im in no rush to do this because ive changed my mind about a 100 times already

·
Registered
391 Posts
speaker sizes in the doors for these cars will fit anything up to 6 3/4"

You might have to drill holes but 5.25, 6.5 and 6.75 all fit.

I ordered brackets from crutchfield, just list your car and they tell you what fits. They do the research on it so why not use their info?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
maybe he has a first gen..they have 5 1/4's

·
Registered
391 Posts
forgot you have a 1st gen, I took a quick look on crutchfield and it shows either 4" or 5.25" will fit. There might be more I just glanced.

Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts