DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
8,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so here we go. me and my friends finnally got the chance to paint those stripes.

here is me when i wasnt taking the pictures

wating on nick to get back after looking for the heat gun

heating the hood up to make the paint bond

first coat

it was really cold trying to make the paint dry faster

clear coat looks good

there ya go

·
Registered
8,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea we are going to do the trunk possibly today if not then next week. as far as longevity. we all are intrested in that. the edges are kinda choppy but after we wet sand it all should be good. we also want to put some vinyl pin stripes along the edge that should help it from peeling. for rattle cans i was VERY impressed.

·
Banned
58 Posts
ya the edges arent horrible a little choppy... probly would of been better if we used fine line tape... but nothing some pinstripes down the edges can't hide :1959:

·
Banned
58 Posts
Wouldnt it have been easier to pull the hood off instead of masking the entire front end?
to take it off and then to get it perfectly realigned when putting it back on it probly take just as long as throwing a few sheets of newspaper on :therethere:

·
Dain bramaged
7,191 Posts
to take it off and then to get it perfectly realigned when putting it back on it probly take just as long as throwing a few sheets of newspaper on :therethere:
actually, take a drill and drill through the hinge into the hood on either side. That way when you replace the panel you just use a small screw driver through the holes and everything is aligned the way it was.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
actually, take a drill and drill through the hinge into the hood on either side. That way when you replace the panel you just use a small screw driver through the holes and everything is aligned the way it was.
Or just mark the hinge locations when you take it off, takes all of 5 seconds

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.