1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Nothing you can't do with some scotch tape, a little plastic, and some tin foil. ;) Actually that's the basic idea of what I am doing to mine. Although I hope mine looks better than that when I am finished.

[ January 25, 2002: Message edited by: pimped3point3 ]

·
Registered
137 Posts
thats ummmm.....an interesting air box :confused:

·
Registered
432 Posts
ok I sort of did the same thing not too long ago, but the problem is "where are you going to place the PCM at? " Us 3.5 guys know that it gets places on the side of the air filter box ( STOCK ONE OFCOURSE ). I had to tie a rope around it and then tie it to like a small hose to keep it away from anything too hot around the engine. Now that really looked WACK, I'd have to be honest.

·
Registered
97 Posts
where is my pcm at???

·
Registered
602 Posts
Interesting but I'd rather pay $229.00, save some time for it to look like this....

Oh, shhht, saw the second gen 3.2L/3.5L in the picture through me off, your talkin something for the first gen.... Cool idea just to get somethin' better in there. For starts a first gen owner can remove the air restrictor and install a regular K&N I suppose. If one shall want to move on from that I guess somethin' like that would have to be done. I bet a nicer one could be made though than the Frankentake.

[ January 26, 2002: Message edited by: MoparPerformance ]

·
Registered
261 Posts
For all yoy 3.5L and 3.2L guys [first and 2nd gen] Id take a 2nd look at that setup...
Ok, it isnt pretty, but im sure you can change that. He has the blueprints and everything already set up. and he DID change out that tube by the way, basically a copy of the L-intake. It might cost as much as that K&N kit, but It would be worth it man.... look at those temperature #'s!! Seriously give it a 2nd look... if i still had mine, id jump on that setup right away, modified a little, for a 1st gen, but still.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Purple, I was just trying to add to the pool of knowledge here. Thats what this place is for right? It's not cool when people just start raggin' on an idea left and right. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
144 Posts
JOEKD ... I like your intake, it looks very professional, but for the other guys I have a cheaper version , check out my pics on the site here. I am a bit partial to mine compared to the "franken" pics. http://pictures.dodgeintrepid.net/medicman/

·
Registered
328 Posts
As a point of interest, it is a copy of the L_intake, the president of the 300m club bought one and they took it from there. I have no problem with that though.

He changed his design after seeing mine, that explains why his pictures change course.

Steve

Funny its a dead ringer for my stage 2 that gained noting over the stock airbox one.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Gr8wht... is it your intake I got my idea from ?
I cannot remember who's it was....

·
Registered
328 Posts
Medicman, yours is a first gen, its all yours!!!

:)
Steve

·
Registered
144 Posts
GR8WHT ... where in Ontario yah all frum ??
Is it Ottawa ?

PS - with the intake mods I have noticed a power gain and a definite increase in throttle sound.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
one of these days i will actually build me one of these Lister Intakes :) just gotta get around to finding the parts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts