DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On October 2nd, 2000 I purchased my 1997 Eagle Vision Tsi.

I came out of the Grocery store this afternoon and my vision was parked next to a new interpid and Concord, but thats not the funny part.

I started my car as usuall without fastening the seatbelt first, and I heard a couple of loud dings. I was like, crap, what the hell was that. So I turned the car off and started it again and it dinged again. I looked at the dash and the seatbelt light was on. In the last four years, this light never turned on. I purchased the car knowing the light didn't work when I test drove it. Then today after no one has worked on it, and it was parked next to these other cars the seat belt light works.

What the heck? Does it learn this stuff from the other cars, or is my own electrical system have some gremlins in it?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think it was a coincidence that you were parked next to second generation cars and this happened.

I've not experienced a similar problem.

My TSI did not have a remote control entry, so I bought a remote entry from Best Buy for about $150. I also got the "remote start" feature as well. So I can start my car from hundreds of yards away.

When I use remote start the "seat belt light" does not go out even when I put my seat belt on. I took the car back to Best Buy and they tried two other remote kits with the same results. They gave me the option of removing the remote entry/start and having a refund or living with the On seat belt light. I kept the remote inslalled. The fix after remote starting the engine is to turn the engine off and then restart it with the key and the light works correctly.

There must be something unique with the TSI seat belt light.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts