DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's just an SE, but very nice nonetheless. I like the stow 'n go. Sounds like they got a pretty good deal on it. Not like I had anything at all to do with their make and model selection or anything... :bgtup:

Excuse to create another sig thread??? :grinyes:

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Stow 'N Go is pretty cool. My neighbor bought one about 2 months ago. With 2 young kids and at least one more on the way I can see why they like it so much.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
My folks got a 04 Town Country Limited a 2 years ago. They did not get the stow n' go. The seats are smaller and not as nice in the Stow n; go vans. Plus they have a 2000 Ram for hauling stuff. We took it to the Nascar race in KC. Really nice road van, rides very nice.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I definetely didn't like the seats in the Stow & Go minivans my family looked at.......shitty so they can be 'stowed'

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Avenger said:
I definetely didn't like the seats in the Stow & Go minivans my family looked at.......shitty so they can be 'stowed'
Yup, I agree as well. We have a 97 Dodge Grand Caravan and 01 Town & Country LX and they have wondeful seats and DO NOT have the stow and go feature. I feel the stow and go feature is useless, unless you are a single mom with kids and have trouble removing seats or, your husband is incredibly feeble and can not remove the seats himself.

Dave :evilking:

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Patel.748 said:
Yup, I agree as well. We have a 97 Dodge Grand Caravan and 01 Town & Country LX and they have wondeful seats and DO NOT have the stow and go feature. I feel the stow and go feature is useless, unless you are a single mom with kids and have trouble removing seats or, your husband is incredibly feeble and can not remove the seats himself.

Dave :evilking:
Yeah, works good for my in-laws because they have their seats out quite often and they have just a small 1-car garage. Now they also haul the grandkids around a lot, so it works out perfect for them, convenience/space factor...

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Patel.748 said:
After having a minivan in the family for 14 years, I can definitly say that the stow-n-go feature is definitly a worthwhile option in a minivan. I can think of several trips that my family took where took seats out of the van for the purpose of the trip (less weight, more room for luggage, etc etc), only to end up needing the seat for the trip back home (countless times have an unexpected visitor join us on the way home). I remember one trip where we left all the seats in and went to Canada's wonderland. My mom and dad in the front, and the 3 kids occupying 5 seats. It was comfy. The problem was that my sister won a prize on the trip and we couldn't put the prize on top of the vehicle. We basically had a 4 hour trip home cramped in the back seat because of my sisters prize.

It also comes in handy if you're moving (as a student, you do that a lot). Fold the seats away when you need to store a lot of stuff, bring the seats back when friends jump in to help you move. I'll definitly say that it is something you don't know how you lived without once you start using it.

BTW, as for the single mom part, I'm a young and fit 26-year-old male and regardless of my good health, I sometimes don't want to lift up one of those heavy chairs because of my bad back. If I have to, I will regardless, but that's probably why my back hasn't gotten any better over the last couple years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts