DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today after meeting up with SuperSoyaNinja (sp?) I was drivind down university and stopped at a red light at the intersection of University/Westmount. I was in the center lane. About 30 second later all I heard was a giant thump and I flew forward in my seat. Some stupid old Pakistanian Fart smashed into me. The rear of the intrepid is basically gone, not totalled, but extremely close. I even have pictures at the scene, because the prick refused to give me any of his info and I feared that he would drive off. My car was damaged to the point that it was undriveable. I called the police and they came down about 1 1/2 later. The intrepid was take away by a tow truck, as one of the rear tires popped and bumper was messed up.

The other driver, received a $600 ticket and 7 points for Wreckless Driving.
I received a $70 ticket for Not providing Up-to date insurance papers. (bastards didnt send any)

So now I am driving a 2k3 Rental intrepid. Sigh. I wish the damn thing was totalled.

I will post pictures in a few.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Damn Man...sorry as h_ll for you.
There was a time when you could shoot a guy for that wasn't there???

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Nooooooooooo, give my covers back!!!!!!!!!!! Why did it have to be the other Kitchener member?????? You can't be serious........is it April 1???

:( That sucks man..........seriously, I want my covers back now, you're wreckless :p

·
9,861 Posts
EDIT: Sorry. I misread. I thought you were getting the tickets.

Hope everything works out for you.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Re: Re: The Intrepid. Rear End completely Smashed

hypnos said:
Please tell me your fighting it.
Fighting what??? HE didn't get the points.. etc.. it was the guy who hit him..:dozeoff:

By the way.. sorry to hear about the accident.. I know from experience.. it sucks BIGTIME.. still going through the lawsuit almost 3 years now..

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
YB Normyl said:
:mg: That's terrible Guess. How's your back and neck? What is the extent of the damage on the Trep and are you sure they won't right it off?
Thx for your worries, My back and neck are a bit soar, but nothing much. As for the intrepid, besides the popped tire, it was basically driveable. The trunk would not open however and the entire rear bumper was completely caved into the car. Chances are, this will not be a write off.

Avenger Do not worry about your covers, they are absoluty fine. No worries at the front, as it was not hit.

AS for my $70 ticket, the insurance told me that they will take care of it as it was their fault for not sending me a new slip on time.

Thx Guys!

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Guess said:

AS for my $70 ticket, the insurance told me that they will take care of it as it was their fault for not sending me a new slip on time.

Thx Guys!
thats good, did you have fight with them, or were they cool about it?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
To be honest with you guys, at first, after I looked at it, I thought that it was just mild scratches, but on closer inspection, the bumper mounts were so badly bent in, that one of them managed to pop the rear right tire. The plastic bounced back and cracked in some places, along with the bends at th 1/4 panels. It doesnt look bad in the pics though. Once the trunk was opened with a crow bar, it revealed giant bends in the spare tire cubby.

Here are the pics that i took at the scene of the accident (always have my digi cam with me)

I have pictures of the buick that hit me, but i dont think it would be wise to show those.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
ouch.. if it got you enough to pop the tire... that atcually doesn't look too bad !

Silly plastic covering up damage....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
YB Normyl said:
Ok, I see em. Any pics from inside the trunk?
nope. The trunk wasnt opened until later on. These pics were taken when I was waiting for the cops to show up.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts