DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nothing regimented this year, but here's what we're doing

fri- meet in the hotel lot and lobby; dinner at elfamous

sat- show n shine at Strats in the morning/early afternoon; go-karting down the street at jus-fun if there is an interest; dinner somewhere the crowd chooses; possibly go to the drive-in movies as a group;

sun- byron drag day til 4pm, then maybe dinner at beef-a-roo in rockford on the way back

·
Registered
439 Posts
Sounds pretty good. If you do end up going karting, I was looking at Chicago Indoor Racing a while back. It's not very cheap, but much faster and a much longer ride than anywhere else. Alex already expressed an interest when I was looking into it a while back, but there was virtually no response otherwise. If Alex is still up for it and anyone else wants to join us, we could caravan up to Buffalo Grove (MapQuest from the hotel HERE).

Anyone interested, PM me. I may still be able to arrange a group rate.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going to Jus-Fun... 5 bux for 5 minutes, unlimted laps. Only 3-5 minutes away from the hotel.

C.I.R. is nice, but minimum 35-45 minutes away and 20 bux or more per race. Go for it if you want.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
When is everyone showing up Friday night....????

Maybe Jim can put up a firm schedual so us people who are travelin can start forming some plans. :)

--Gorm

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Kenny.......I will be there VERY early Friday (earlier than you)...........Ummmm, my Cell # is (519)807-7817........beware, international long distance though.

I HAVE the physical address to Strat's........in my RB1. If you have an RB1, Strats is in there (2 locations).

on a side note........my 7000th post :)

·
Registered
500 Posts
mobbdeep said:
I plan on getting there really early on friday ..take a nap and then get some beer ..

Make sure u have enough beer for me when I get there after work

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
ChicagoTRS said:
looking like rain both friday and saturday :(
It wouldn't be an IM without rain. ;)

It is only Tuesday though, the weather can change. Plus, it is only a 30% chance both Friday and Saturday.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
I noticed that the long term forcast for elmhurst did change to party cloudy....heres to hoping! :)

--Gorm

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
As long as SUNDAY. SUNDAY, SUNDAY is good for racing!

I see 1024 millibars, 61 degrees F, 10 MPH tailwind.
Those are good

I see 729 feet altitude and 60% humidity.
Thats bad.

Still plan on showing you 15.1 or 15.2
Maybe we can put Alex behind the wheel and lose another 100 pounds to go 14s!
LOL

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I just want Saturday to be nice.......partly cloudy 25 degrees would be killer ;)

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Avenger said:
I just want Saturday to be nice.......partly cloudy 25 degrees would be killer ;)
you'll be in the united states. While im sure 25 degrees celcius would be decent weather, in chicago it will be damn cold!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts