DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to meeting last night of The Mopar Club of San Diego and had a fun and interesting experience. When they opened the meeting, they asked if there were any new members, I raised my hand and was asked to stand up and talk about myself and my car. I introduced myself and said I had a 96 Dodge Intrepid, and I watched faces just droop, oh its only an Intrepid. These guys want to see classic Hemi muscle cars, but I thought, I will just wait until after the meeting when we all go outside to get reactions.

Later in the meeting they had a brag session, I raised my hand and said that I had won First Place in the FWD catagory at the Mopars in May car show, suddenly there was more interest in the new guy.

After the meeting, I went outside and had a small crowd around my car, most saying when they heard Intrepid, they were not expecting much, but were very impressed with my Pride and Joy

Great people and nice cars, a hard combination to beat.

Charles

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Lol... it is sad that the joys of an Intrepid are known only to those that drive one.

I drive over 150kms daily... that's a lot of joy !!

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
lol, I'm sure they were expecting a car that wasnt takin car of and just any old trep. Are you joining this club or just checking it out?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nhogan said:
lol, I'm sure they were expecting a car that wasnt takin car of and just any old trep. Are you joining this club or just checking it out?
Yeah, I joined up, only twenty five dollars for the year. As I said, very nice people, and wide range of ages, two members are graduating high school next week, one guy was in his 70's.

Charles

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
You've got, hands down, the cleanest, best looking Intrepid out there. Congratulations on being a good representative for one of the best sedans.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jossimbyr said:
You've got, hands down, the cleanest, best looking Intrepid out there. Congratulations on being a good representative for one of the best sedans.

Thank You, I work hard to keep it clean, looking good, and surprising people that it is "just" an Intrepid.
Charles

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I get a lot of the "oh, you drive an Intrepid" thing, but honestly I don't regret purchasing either of mine. I think that it is great to have something that not everybody else has is great. I am glad that you changed their minds Charles. I am hoping to get the chance to meet both you and your pride and joy in August!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts