DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

The new shop....

31K views 155 replies 40 participants last post by  mrrgoyer 
#1 ·
Well fellas, as many of you know, I purchased a house recently. I just moved everything in this weekend, and today, decided to get started on putting the new shop together, and wait till later on the house...lol. This will be the new site of Danlisle south meets as well. To start with, here are some pics of the 1/2 of the shop I fixed up and set up tonight. There is a **** ton of work to be done still, but I will post the progress. The place is ready for a southern style meet as of now though. Please excuse the shitty cell phone pics.

See less See more
#14 ·
looks almost tall enough for a lift which would make your life 100 times easier.

#15 ·
Thanks fellas. Next step is some new lighting and wiring, then an air compressor, and eventually a lift....once everything else is where I want it to be. Looking forward to the first meet!! (need to figure out when that is lol)...

#17 · (Edited)
Thanks. Yep, that is likely what is going in, either those, or the high bay metal halide lamps.... I have one of the 4 foot 2 bulb T8 flourescent lamps underneath the storage shelf lighting up my toolbox, and it is very good...
For the ceiling Im leaning towards the metal halide lights because there is less electric use and better light output.

#18 ·
I bet with all the build foreclosures and out of work Maint guys, if you look in the right place, they might be real cheap.

Don't forget the hole in the wall for the beer drinkers.

Is there a place for an outdoor fire pit or barrel?

I'm still jealous, you bought a house for a garage.

#19 ·
Yep, lol. There is already a fire pit, I have to get some new rocks to line it.

LOL, yep, garage was 80% of the purchase decision...all I care about otherwise is just a place for a bed, a bathroom, and tv..

#35 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.