DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got this off theNET

The Next Generation - LX
Production of the all-new 2005 LX platform vehicles that replace the Intrepid and Concorde will begin in late December, 2003/early January, 2004. Production of the Dodge Magnum (the Intrepid replacement) will begin first. It is anticipated that order placement for the Magnum will be available in November with the first deliveries in February. Production of the Concorde replacement should begin 30 days after the Magnum. There will be sufficient fleet allocation to meet customer needs for the Spring Order Cycle.

The LX vehicles will be rear wheel drive vehicles equipped for fleet with an array of industry leading driver safety, stability and traction control systems similar to the systems used on Mercedes Benz products

http://www.edmunds.com/future/2005/...ml?tid=edmunds.f.review.leftsidenav..2.Dodge*

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
this post would go much better in the third generation general discussion forum. Would a mod care to move this?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
also that post is all wrong , the LX cars will be built in Jan 04 and we will start with the 300 not the Magnum .Also the Magnum is not the Intrepid replacment ( for the 100th time )

·
9,861 Posts
The intrepid replacement, whatever it may be, is comming in 05, right?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
yup , thats what they tell us

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Also it looks like i might be named Charger if MT magazine is right.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I hope so it will bring back some old mopar guys and a name that means power and stlye blended together I hope it looks great I could see myself in one I like to Drive what I build

Otto in a 300C and Shownoff in a Charger !!!

YB will blend the two for the best of booth worlds

Shownoff

·
Registered
149 Posts
ottowrkr or Shownoff, perhaps you could help me out...

do you know if the LX platform will be rear wheel drive or all wheel drive? (I'd like to see AWD, especially in the 300C :) )

Just from talking with different people here in Idaho it seems like RWD would be a drawback to those cars due to how well front wheel does in the snow here in the winter. I do know that they've got RWD engineered pretty well to compensate for it's shortcomings compared to front wheel drive, but AWD just seems like it'd be better.

Thanks! :bigsmile:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts