DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a silly question...

When I was younger, some kids I knew (not me!!!) used to stick a potato in the tailpipe of someone that really pissed them off. I wonder what happens then. Is there any damage to the engine or other stuff?

Not that I plan to do this to anybody, don't worry! :wink:

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Liar, as long as it's not an Intrepid, and the person is an ass.

Stick it in, make sure it cuts itself a cylinder of potato to fit in the tailpipe and get it stuck good. :p

What happens? There is not exhaust exiting the engine so it instantly chokes on itself and stalls. :)

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
It's not quite instantaneous, but it happens pretty quickly. The key is stuffing enough in there to fill up their mufflers too. A couple 10lb bags and long broom handle to use and a pokin stick will usually do nicely. Oh, and if you peel them first it works even better, the heat and moisture in the exaust will make them expand and if they don't get them all out evetually they cook into mashed potatos and really start to smell. Not that I know anything about this subject though...

·
Registered
63 Posts
dbaudiopro said:
It's not quite instantaneous, but it happens pretty quickly. The key is stuffing enough in there to fill up their mufflers too. A couple 10lb bags and long broom handle to use and a pokin stick will usually do nicely. Oh, and if you peel them first it works even better, the heat and moisture in the exaust will make them expand and if they don't get them all out evetually they cook into mashed potatos and really start to smell. Not that I know anything about this subject though...

I believe ya db, it doesn't sound like you have any expirence on that subject at all!! But were you ever a farmer? :devil:

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Snorton Norton said:
Oh cmon now - you don't remember the Damon Wayans/Eddie Murphy "banana in da tailpape" scene in Beverly Hills Cop??!!

:dozeoff: :wink:

That's exactly what I was thinking this whole time lol. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts