DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working on assignment in South Denver for the last couple weeks, so I decided to take advantage of the fact that I have a hotel down there and I went out with a few friends on Friday night. Came out of the bar about 2:15 am and no car. After making sure we were where I had actually parked the police were called. After sitting on the curb for three hours the police show up take the report and leave. I got a call this morning from the insurance company saying that the car has been recovered, but now the damn lady is in a meeting so now I get to wait for her to get out so I can find out where I can go visit my car. I don't know exactly what to expect, but I know that I am officially done with the car. If it is not totalled then I am going to have it fixed and sell it. I will pass along some more details as I find them out. As for now it is time to go see if that damn lady is out of that stupid meeting yet.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Holy **** dude, keep us posted. First 01redms's and now yours. I hope things turn out better for you. I'm seriously thiking about getting a pitbull to sit in my car.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I hear ya dude. I can't imagine how I would feel. I could see why somebody would want to steal your car though.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now the police are giving me the run around...fantastic! The car was found in Aurora, but reported stolen in Denver so the Aurora PD don't want to give me any info even though they know exactly where my car is.

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
I understand what your saying about always worring about it. But no matter what car you have somone could always steal it. Hopefully your car was takin for a ride and they just parked it someone in that town. Did u leave your keys in it? Key hidden on the ride? Unlocked? Your car is amazing, I can see why somone would take that nice ride. Keep us updated.

How far is Aurora? Drive up there if not that far and look for it, thats what I would do.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
Dang!! That sucks, Caleb!! I feel your pain man. :dogpuppy: I've been the victim of grand theft auto before...not a good feeling. The punk-ass kid that stole mine died doing it...or I'd have probably killed him myself. :brutal_01

Hope this works out ok for you!!

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I'm just hoping all they wanted was those beautiful wheels, that happened to my cousin. It was easier to steal the car then to try and jack it up and take the wheels right outside his house. They left it in a lot down the street and everything else was fine.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just got off the phone with the impound lot that has the car. Things don't sound too good. From the sound of it I have two wheels and everything has been stripped. I am on my down to see it as soon as this map finishes printing...

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
Damn. Hope everything works out for you. Just wondering why would you sell it if it is fixable?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I am on a break in between teaching classes, so I decide to check out my friends at DI.net, and I see
The R/T...STOLEN and qp_20.

And I say NO NO NO

Not my favorite 2nd gen and my good friend Caleb, dude that just sucks, I hope that there is no body damage so the insurance does not try to total the car, you were going to get new wheels, so now the insurance company can pay for part of that, and you can replace the stereo and navigation system, (don't forget the complete set of tools and golf clubs that were in the trunk) :theyareon

Keep us posted, because I want to see you and the R/T again in Las Vegas next year.

Charles

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
well, I can't say that i kow how you feel but i can about imagine the feeling!!!!!!! I guess it's the same the night i came outside to see my 01SE damaged so badly from a drunk driver...... Anyway, Sorry to hear about it b/c i have always thought you had one of the best looking R/T's i've ever seen.... I got my fingers crossed and hoping for the best out come!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 137 Posts