DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here she is!

A bit rusty...

The paint's seen better days too...

Engine's a bit dirty, and the passenger-side headlight is held on with duct tape, but it still works fine!

To do:
  • New struts
  • Intake heat shield
  • A good cleaning!
Perhaps someday:
  • New wheels
  • 2g seats
  • Autostick
  • New paint

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
Cars looking good. We should meet up sometime for an Iowa meet.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
You took my idea!!! I had to duct tape both my lights in, then finaly decided to buy new ones.

But other wise, nice ride... till the rear end.

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
Your car is a 96 it may have the autostick wiring in it. If it does then its an easy mod to do. It would just require a tcm, cluster *not needed*, shifter bezel and shifter

Heres a picture of the wire in my car. You lift up the bezel and the wire should be coming out of the carpet right under the cup holder.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Autostick is pretty low on my priority list right now - I have a hard time justifying spending money on something that works fine for my needs. Once I have more in the way of free time/disposable income, though...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just found this old pic of the car with the old front bumper. She was a little rougher around the edges back then...

Note that I have since upgraded to clear duct tape!

I am one classy SOB. :smokin:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I got the heat shield done. I used a plastic garbage can I bought at Wal-Mart, which I will patch up and use for recycling! Overall, I think it's a bit nicer looking than the bungee cord, and the car sounds much happier, too!

In the next couple of weeks she'll be going in for new struts and a thorough checkup before I head back to school next month!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just got back from the shop! New rear struts and a freshly serviced transmission are now mine to enjoy! :banana:

My mechanic told me afterward that one of the bolts holding the strut on broke off during removal, and he had to use a cutting torch to liberate it. I've noticed that this car seems to have cemented itself together quite thoroughly. I had to use a hacksaw the last time I changed the license plate bulb.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts