DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. My friend just bought a '96 Pontiac Firebird (T-Top) V8 with 73,000 miles on it for $5300. He asked me if I could help him make it awesome, and I was like "hell yes!". He has $3000 cash, and can probably get a grand or two more from his dad. Now I have no clue what to put that money into! I know very little about firebirds, and even less about aftermarket parts for them. The car came with a 3 sub system, so he doesnt need anything there. I'm thinking Rims, and new air intake.. but I have no clue what else to put on it... What would you guys do?

-Brandon

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, and he said it has a hood scoop and ram air. I was also thinking performance exhaust with high flow cat....

-Brandon

·
Registered
589 Posts
supercharge that thing, put in new pistons... hmm... upgrade everything in the engine slowly since you only have limited cash right now.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Sweet ride! I used to have a '94 Firebird Formula 6-spd. If his is a 6-spd, I'd recommend a hurst short-throw shifter & go with a full K&N intake, headers and exhaust. Shouldn't really even need much more than that.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Juice it, plus the normal i/e. Maybe some LT headers, and if it's an auto, TC and shift kit, 6MT, do a short throw shifter. Beyond that, a nice heads/cam package would do wonders.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Heads/cam, supporting mods, and TUNE. 400whp.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
By the way... :( Its automatic. :( Supercharging would be way too expensive. I was thinking heads might go along with a nice new borla exhaust.

-Brandon

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm setting up a couple different ways to go about this. He can choose either the power route (with exhaust, heads, cold air intake, maybe a throttle body spacer), or the look route (with rims, although he said he has extra wide wheels on all fours, K&N intake, some interior mods, and exhaust).

God, all this information on firebirds is making me crave one... If only I had 5-6 grand..

-Brandon

·
Registered
962 Posts
He needs NAWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Astrogiblet said:
Now I have no clue what to put that money into! I know very little about firebirds, and even less about aftermarket parts for them. .. but I have no clue what else to put on it... What would you guys do?

-Brandon

Astrogiblet said:
Ok. My friend just bought a '96 Pontiac Firebird (T-Top) V8 with 73,000 miles on it for $5300. He asked me if I could help him make it awesome, and I was like "hell yes!".
-Brandon
So in other words you LIED!

Astrogiblet said:
The car came with a 3 sub system, so he doesnt need anything there.

-Brandon
If you put so much as one freakin' dime into audio in THAT car I will personally come to your house and beat some sense into you.
J/K
maybe

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I didnt lie.. I can still help him make it awesome.. I just need(ed) to research it a bit first. I'm still probably the best person he could come to to get deals and good parts. Plus thats why I got this thread up, for more suggestions.

Yeah, I'm definately not wasting any money on damn audio. That car is gonna be thundering with power before any more ****ing audio **** goes in there.

-Brandon

·
Registered
434 Posts
Honestly, I would have NEVER wasted that much money on buying that car. Secondly, I wouldn't waste even more trying to make it sound "thundering with power." He could've easily purchased a really nice car with the 8300 he wants to dump into this car. And take the extra 1-2k that he can get from his dad and make a fast car. I don't know what but **** something other that what he has.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Firebirds are awesome! The KBB on it was 7800 or something is what he told me, so he got a deal on that car. I can't think of a car you can get for $8000 that will beat a $5300 firebird with 3 grand into it...

How much is a blower? You guys keep recommending it, but **** if I can get one for 3 grand...

-Brandon

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
DScruggs said:
So in other words you LIED!

If you put so much as one freakin' dime into audio in THAT car I will personally come to your house and beat some sense into you.
J/K
maybe
Don, let me know if you need help

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Stock04Intrepid said:
Don, let me know if you need help
Astrogiblet said:
Yeah, I'm definately not wasting any money on damn audio. That car is gonna be thundering with power before any more ****ing audio **** goes in there.

Did you miss something?

-Brandon

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
best bang for your buck is a cam and polished heads with a good exhaust...you get loads of power for under 2 grand.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts