DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told that my car which is a intrepid has to be in neutral for passenger CV to come out. Is this correct? Cuz I'm having the same problem I have done everything short of taking a torch and cutting to try and get it out

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Someone please help I've had the new CV since March and would really love for my car to be going down the road again

·
Premium Member
17,026 Posts
Which end is giving you problems - the inboard end where it attaches to the transmission or the outboard end where it goes through the hub/bearing assembly?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Someone please help I've had the new CV since March and would really love for my car to be going down the road again
A slide hammer with an adapter that fits behind the the part that goes into the transmission is the only way I could get one of my half axels out of the transmission. There is a clip that prevents the half axel from coming out of the transmission, it can become a real pain to come out. I tried many other ways to remove it, including making an adapter to use a three legged puller. Nothing worked until I bought the slide hammer with the CV joint adapter.
Inner CV Joint Pullers
PART # : SER 3164
PRODUCT LINE : NAPA Service Tools

·
Premium Member
17,026 Posts
A slide hammer with an adapter that fits behind the the part that goes into the transmission is the only way I could get one of my half axels out of the transmission. There is a clip that prevents the half axel from coming out of the transmission, it can become a real pain to come out. I tried many other ways to remove it, including making an adapter to use a three legged puller. Nothing worked until I bought the slide hammer with the CV joint adapter.
Inner CV Joint Pullers
PART # : SER 3164
PRODUCT LINE : NAPA Service Tools
I did the same thing. Autozone carries the axle puller fork made by OEMTools - part no. 57032. I agree that for a stubborn retainer ring, it and a slide hammer may be the only thing that will break it loose. It helps to disconnect one end of the sway bar end link so that you can get a straighter shot with the slide hammer for maximum impact.

But - we still don't know if the OP's problem is at the transmission or the hub/bearing end of the axle. Totally different problems with totally different solutions.

OP - are you still here?

·
Premium Member
17,026 Posts
(deleted - duplicate post)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts