DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well today i went to montreal and it was 39 ouside my 2.7L overheated on the highways and had to drive 10 minuts at max temp and 5 more minuts w/o coolant. finally could pull over.
waiting for the towing i poped the hood and tried to fire her up,filled her up whit water but it wasent fireing correctly,would not start.

they brougth me to a garadge and i waited an hour for my dad to come to montreal.

in the meanwhile i found out my fans where dead and i got it to start and idle good,but i had changed my oil a week ago and now it smells like burnt death.

its still in montreal its getting towed in 2 days.park at a garadge in the meantime.

im looking at new cars atm. i think its the end of the road for my big *****! atleast i show my buddy 3 days ago it was faster than his 2L jetta:highfive:

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh yeah and atr if you still want leather seats......

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,516 Posts
well today i went to montreal and it was 39 ouside my 2.7L overheated on the highways and had to drive 10 minuts at max temp and 5 more minuts w/o coolant.
Doesnt look like it was the car's fault....ugh...

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,615 Posts
So get another "big *****" and transfer the seats!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
turn over and starts, but ill have to wait till its here to asses full damage.

but since the tranny is on its way,rust,and othere things. i think ill part it out if the engine isint in great shape.

i went to see my buddy at mitsubishi when i was back in town. showed me a lancer gts i belive for under 300 per month on 7 years a 2009 had a 2.4L

im going to wait till next week to start finding out if i go new or not:explore:

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,615 Posts
I went to see my buddy at Mitsubishi when i was back in town. showed me a lancer gts i belive for under 300 per month on 7 years a 2009 had a 2.4L
im going to wait till next week to start finding out if i go new or not:explore:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo :banana089:

·
Woober Goobers!
50,009 Posts
$25k for a used MitsuBooby? Can I be the one to draw the "S" on your forehead?

Sucks about the Intrepid. Guess you've figured out that you shouldn't ignore an overheat condition?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
$25k for a used MitsuBooby? Can I be the one to draw the "S" on your forehead?

Sucks about the Intrepid. Guess you've figured out that you shouldn't ignore an overheat condition?
17k and its got 25 000 km on itthats about 12000 miles?

hey as i stated,i COULDENT stop as soon as i could i did.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,009 Posts
17k and its got 25 000 km on itthats about 12000 miles?

hey as i stated,i COULDENT stop as soon as i could i did.
Do the math....7 years X 12months X $300= $25,200. That's what you'll end up paying for it.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do the math....7 years X 12months X $300= $25,200. That's what you'll end up paying for it.
i said under 300, its 65 per week.

and i mistaked its 5 year,7 year was my dads endeavor

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Meh, that sort of money could fix your car up real good. I bet if you look around you could find a 3.2/3.5 with transmission for under $1,500
ya well i dont want to put to much money on the car,i dousent have more than 2-3 years left due to rust,that car was parked a whole year on a mud and gravel parking and the underside is rusted bad.

but like i said ill have it after tommorow and see if it still runs good. if it can still work,then hell yeah ill have my big ***** back on the road:D

i dont realy love the idea of haveing a 4banger,even less a ricer. just have a good price.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,516 Posts
well i couldent stop:doh: realy if i could have it would have been waaay better
Should have immediately pulled over and shut it off, let it completely cool before doing anything... Im sure you could have found somewhere to pull off......rather than destroy the engine, and risk a car fire.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts