1,312 Posts
weird

·
Registered
6,100 Posts

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Yeah, I want those. I'm lousy about checking pressure, although I got a new digital yesterday to play with.

Wonder how that material would hold up in sub zero temps?

·
Registered
531 Posts
95Intrepisize said:
Holy smokes is that cool, I really wonder about the ride....

These are obviously summer wheels, I would hate getting snow clogged between those things.
They look like sh*t and I'd probably not want to have them, but they probably reduce the unsprung weight of the car, which would improve handling and ride. OTOH it depends how much give those funky wheel spokes have. I'd wonder though, after a good wheels-locked panic stop, will they forever go bump-bump-bump-bump..... on the inevitable flat spots on the treads?

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
anyone wanna do a photo chop with the new wheels? take a pic from my gallery, :), I WANNA SEEEEEE!, PLEASEEEE, lol

·
Registered
19,572 Posts
I just don't know what to think about those...other than they're ugly as hell.
And if you screw one up, or the tread wears out or gets bald, you cant just buy new tires? You've got to buy a whole new set of "tweels"?

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
smc1377 said:
That's an Audi in those pics, not a BMW. (if I understood you right)
He meant 5 series as in 5% of the width of the tire I think.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
LOUD98ES said:
He meant 5 series as in 5% of the width of the tire I think.
Ahh, that would make more sense. As in, most Treps come stock with 60-series tires.

Another thought, these tires could improve acceleration times since they seem to behave in a similar fashion to drag radials in that they have some flex to the sidewall.

·
Banned
338 Posts
the thing that would suck about these tires for the people that live in the Great Frozen North in the winter would be snow and ice getting in the tire. it would be one hell of an out of balance wheel until the heat from friction on the road melted it out.

and if you ever did get it into a mud situation...

AJ

·
Registered
531 Posts
Intrep_ED said:
I just don't know what to think about those...other than they're ugly as hell.
And if you screw one up, or the tread wears out or gets bald, you cant just buy new tires? You've got to buy a whole new set of "tweels"?
And they'll market them to the ladies as well, and call them "TWIRLS".

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
FWIW....the prototypes are cut away like that so you can see the inner workings, if they ever make it to market they will look like regular tires with sidewalls. I read that in a press release about them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts